THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice! I still would like a '05-06 GTO or a G8 GXP...

Old 12-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome to the board. Its hard to believe your 05 is nine years old now. It seems like those cars came out far more recently than that.

Nice color. My favorite on the new gen GTO's.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now what that 05 REALLY screams for is a black vinyl top........

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
The Following User Says Thank You to David Jones For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
Now what that 05 REALLY screams for is a black vinyl top........
And some Rallye II's

The Following User Says Thank You to Old Blue 66 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2013, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's it Paul.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Im lovin the Fiero!! and I really like the newer GTO.
Fiero back end pics??
Welcome to PY!!

Old 12-31-2013, 10:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice to see another modern GTO owner around these parts. 5K miles? Holy crap dude you ever dust it off and drive it? As far as widespread love for the modern GTO's meh it is what it is. I can understand some peoples dislikes for the modern GTO's, but IMO it lit a fire back into the Pontiac name. They didn't have a family mans "muscle" car and needed something. Hell, arguably Pontiac didn't really have anything that attracted the sports car owner. Instead of designing something from the ground up that would take years to produce why not borrow from the Holden line. Even in retrospect it still makes perfect sense. I honestly see the GTO more as a gentlemens coupe than anything else, but no one can argue its not that most powerful GTO made even if it is rebadged.

After Pontiac decided to ditch any mid-sized rwd coupe in favor of fwd six bangers, I was hopeless and bought a few front-drivers such as the '94 GTP, '97 GTP and gave up. Nice cars but just weren't cutting it. I traded my low mile '97 GTP for a 2003 Tahoe.

No doubt the new GTO wasn't all it "could" have been, but it started the resurgence of what "had" been. I would have bought this car regardless what name GM decided to place upon it. I like the styling of my '72 much better than the '04 or '06. but the older car can't come close in any other aspect.

I purposely try to keep the exposure of the '06 to a minimum as I plan on having it for a long, long time, and I would like it to look new as possible for as long as possible. Perhaps I'll part with it when I'm physically no longer able to drive.

My wife's '09 CTS is probably going to get traded in for the Chevy SS in the very near future. But all my Goats, both young and old, will be with me for a long time.