Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 10-07-2013, 04:41 PM

Default Missing XS engine

Hi, I recently aquired a 1967 GTO that was factory Ram Air, XS motor #070515. The car was bought new and has remained in Washington state in the north Puget Sound area. The 3rd owner recieved the car with all the drive train removed from the car, didn't know what it was and over the years sold or traded the original engine. He had everything else but the original block. I'm sure it's long gone, blown or what ever, but I must try...
So, if anyone knows of the where abouts of the "XS" 070515 engine is I'd love to know about it.
I have a replacement engine, California coded "YR" 1967 Ram Air engine for manual trans (1 of 64). If I can't find (and I'm sure I can't) the original block I'd be willing to trade for a '67 XS block dated anywhere from Sept to late Oct 1966.
My "YR" is dated early Nov 1966 #?25796 This is a true California Emissions 1967 Ram Air 400 for manual trans. Some people try to tell me it's a '66 tri-power automatic motor, Same code. This YR engine is not for sale otherwise.. I will use it if I can't find an appropriate early XS engine.