THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Man, I love that car and would never part with it if I had it. I've always liked the body style of a '56 Ford just as much as any of the tri-5 Chevies.

Also, it reminds me of one of my all time favorite episodes of "The Twilight Zone"...It's called 'You Drive' and the '56 Ford is the star of the story.

Last edited by Greg Reid; 09-07-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice Ford! My wife's first car was a black '56 Ford, and that was 40 years ago.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Man, I love that car and would never part with it if I had it. I've always liked the body style of a '56 Ford just as much as any of the tri-5 Chevies.

Also, it reminds me of one of my all time favorite episodes of "The Twilight Zone"...It's called 'You Drive' and the '56 Ford is the star of the story.

That was a great episode.

Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I like the YANKEE three-bar mirror which is period correct. I don't know if it is "factory" correct but my Dad's '56 Crown had dual ones.
There were two more Yankee three-bars in the trunk, one in great shape and the other missing only the main screw.

I intend to mount one on the right fender, with the only problem being that, on single-mirror cars, the radio antenna is exactly where the mirror must go to be in line with the driver-side mirror.

I will either get the correct rear-fender-mount antenna for the '56 or put dual shark-fin antennae on it, as is often seen on tri-five Chevies.

One of my contemporaries said every time he sees the car, he envisions Broderick Crawford stepping out of it. For all you youngsters I'll clarify that he was the star of "Highway Patrol", a popular TV series from 1955 to 1959.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Highway Patrol..... I'm only old enough to remember it in reruns as I was born in '58 but I remember it very clearly. I can hear and see Broderick Crawford in my mind right now with that growl into the microphone...."Highway Patrol, Highway Patrol..."

Old 09-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I watched a bunch of Highway Patrol reruns in the late sixties. Enough to make me want to get the whole series on DVD.
Here's a cool relic I happened across last summer.