Old 04-01-2013, 04:57 PM

Default 66-67 gto windshield washer bladder

Went to rebuild our washer pump, (might be wrong for our 66 don't really know) and found out there was a rubber bladder that was deteriorated inside when I took it apart. Found the bladder from a guy on the Chevelle site and he had the same problem. Found it on ebay
seller is bt427425. It's cheaper on ebay than their site. http://corvettespecialtiesofmdwest.com/ the part is for a 63-67 corvette if anyone has the same problem. Called pump bellows or pump bladder. Will post when it comes if exact fit, they say it is. PS did buy rebuild kit from our host. Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67 Chevelle pump on bottom.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	318239   Click image for larger version

Name:	67 Chevelle pump on right.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	318240  

Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, had the same problem with mine. I found the kit to fix it at my local auto parts store in the Help section.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Yep, had the same problem with mine. I found the kit to fix it at my local auto parts store in the Help section.
Do you remember what the number was in the Help section? I need to get my washer pump working again.
Thanks

Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gary,
Is this the kit you bought? http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0168&ppt=C0047

Old 04-02-2013, 09:45 PM

Default Windshield Washer Bellows

I looked at the O'Rielly's Part ( 6.00 ) but it does not have the bellows. I paid 16 + 3.92 for shipping, cheaper on ebay. That's still around $26 complete. Will try to attach the picture of the site on ebay. I looked at a lot of sites. Looks like a lot of guys need this part, Corvette, Corvair, Riviera, Chevelle, Gto, etc. Should of bought 2 an saved on shipping. Have two 66 goat converts. I learned alot on these forums, am glad that Chris Casperson provides this service. Good luck to all. Bob
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Washer Bellows.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	318378   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6671.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	318379  

Old 04-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's the link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-1967-Co...r#ht_982wt_889

Old 04-02-2013, 10:20 PM

Default Thanks oldgoat67

I stupidly forgot to post the link, sorry guys

Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's OK Bob,

These things are hard to find. I lucked up on an NOS one, but was looking really hard before!

Charles

Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I checked a lot of online Corvette parts sites and the e-bay one is cheaper by $1.00 than the cheapest Corvette site.
But, some of the sites sold the complete kit for $29.95 + shipping. I noticed that the parts store's like Advance and O'Reilly's do not have the repair kit in stock and none of them list the bellows.
OK, I just went to the site listed in the original post and it costs $16.00 + shipping which came up to $18.72 to my zip.
http://shopsite.readyhosting.com/ss11.2/sc/order.cgi

Last edited by fyrffytr1; 04-02-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think we're stuck with the higher priced bellows as I have not seen an over the counter bellow kit in years. (Bell shape)
Even the new pumps have a design change on the bellow.
I have found a few NOS and saved a few from parts cars in the past.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, that's the kit I got Phil..... but mine was free. It had been hanging on the wall so long that they said it was my lucky day.... "take it and get it outta here". LOL

As for the bellows, is that inside the pump housing?
I've never tried take one apart to look. In the O'Reilly ad the piece in my uploaded photo is usually what you need to repair it. At least that's been my previous experiences to get it pumping washer fluid again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Washer Pump Kit.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	318518  

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep Gary, goes behind the valve. Gets dry & cracked with age.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pump Assembly Bellows.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	318520  

Old 04-04-2013, 05:01 PM

Default pump rebuild kit color

tried searching, not using the right wording - not found. Can't find my restoration book, but what is the correct original color of the plastic the hoses are mounted to. I have both the black and the white kits. I see gt182's attachment is white. post #12 thanks old goat 67 for your attachment of the pump.
Got the bellows or bladder yesterday ( 2 days delievery ) not bad. Going out to the garage and put the bellows together. Will let everyone know how it fits. Well didn't make it out the door, promissed wife we would go to Croation club and eat stuff cabbage. Fix later tonight. Bob

Last edited by gtobobb; 04-04-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, I believe the correct color of the part I showed should be black. White was the replacements color from what I've seen over the years. I've never seen a replacement come in black plastic.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Bob, I believe the correct color of the part I showed should be black. White was the replacements color from what I've seen over the years. I've never seen a replacement come in black plastic.
Black would be correct;
http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...FQpxQgodHUEAKQ

Old 05-16-2013, 12:55 PM

Default Washer pump bladder

was sick 4 weeks, but this week got pump working. at first it didn't work. pulled apart 3 times. The last time the trick is to grease up the outside of the bladder, and rub alittle on the plastic housing when you push n the bladder. ( just like the spring on your brake shoes)
I put a little paint dot on the rubber so I knew when I turned 90 digrees. Just push an turn. WELLA ! now you installed the bladder and put the rest of your rebuild kit together, no big deal. When I pulled off the 3 rubber insulators on the wiper motor I broke the Brass piece that goes on 1 of the rubber insulator on the bottom. Went to Loews and found a 5 x 5 sheet of .015 thick brass and traced out a new one and pop riveted it to the motor housing. I don't think anyone will notice it, but me. O forgot, if you turn the white plastic ratcheting gear, the lever will pop out some makes a little easier to install bladder. Good luck all, I'm good to go. Bob
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	All_20130500073920_10.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	323390  

Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The GTO gurus are gonna deduct big points for that!! I wouldn't be surprised to see the value of your car drop at least $2.00! You should have looked for an NOS pump with the correct ground plate.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:54 PM

Smile reply to Fyrffytr1

Your right those car gurus will problaby take off at least 40 points, and me being so cheap
if I ever sell the car, I'll probably end up giving the guy $20.00 to take it away. Actually we'll never sell the car. I made that mistake once. We had a montero red 66 gto convert white top / parchment interior that took 2nd place in concours at Indy in '93 and Niagra Falls in 95 took silver. Sold it in 95, big mistake. This car is solid frame off,entire car was media blasted everywhere, and everything has been restored repaired rebuilt properly (minus wiper motor ground ha ha) as we could without spending 100,000 for a $5 trophy or plack. My only complaint ( I'm a retired Machinist) is when I machine something we build it to exact tolorences. I wish the outfits that build these repro parts would do a better job, I don't care if I had to spend more. I want quality, not a piece of junk that get's thrown on the shelf and find or restore the part you need. Just a peev of mine, sorry got way off subject. I am happy that all you guys are out there responding to all who ask questions, whether they seem silly or not. It's always cheaper to ask a question, then to screw up and cost a bundle of money. Plug to PY, a big thanks to Chris Casperson for these forum pages, I been buying from him since 1992. I can take a joke and also I can criticism when someone tells me I'm wrong. I like being ribbed and like ribbing back. post--- need picks of how some guys plumbed the brake lines from a dual master cylinder to the frame junction.