Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 AM

Default door pull handle keeps coming out!

Poor design IMO, the pull handle is held in by 2 long coarse scres that just go into the sheetmetal of the inner door. Well, now the holes are worn or wallowed out a bit so that the screw won't hold and my handle just rips out whenever I try to pull the door closed. Anyway, I was thinking of putting in 2 rivnuts where the original holes are then using the appropriate bolt. Any other ideas are welcome, thought someone else may have run into this as well. Thanks.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

can you just tap it in with a ball-peen hammer and have it tight enough to hold? Otherwise the rivnuts is a good idea. Pat

Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 AM
Suspended

If getting in behind it & flatting out th hole so the screw hold tight again doesn't work you can also use a threadsert in it's place. The threadsert goes in & then opens up a bit behind the sheet metal & when you put the screw in it pulls againt the a wedge & make it tighter the more you screw it in. Any good parts store will have them or you can get them from places like Summit or Jegs. Most of the time they are used to hold glass fenders on replica bodies when you need to hold glass against glass parts.