Old 04-14-2013, 06:01 PM

Default Wanted To Buy: 1971 GTO side Body Molding

Looking to buy the 1971 GTO side Body Moldings. My understanding is that these moldings differ from the LeMans, & Luxury LeMans. I have only one side, and am unsure of which side i have, as it is not mounted. However, I will consider offers for any pieces that any one may have. Additionally if someone knows the part numbers for these moldings (I believe 6 pieces total for whole car) I would appreciate that info so I can determine which side I do have. And any info on the Clips required to mount them. I really dislike these moldings, however I cannot drive around with holes in the fenders and rivets on the door until I can get them filled, and removed. Thanks for any info and offers.

can email me direct @ PMAC1968NKP@GMAIL.com

Old 04-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I believe Lemans & GTO moldings are the same part.

You can tell which side the door & fender moldings are from by looking at the ends where the door/fender meet. There is a slight angle that follows the front edge of the door, same with the back edge of the fender molding. The 1/4 molding will also have a slight angle on the back edge that follows the angle of the bumper cut out. All of the angles are very slight, maybe 10 degrees or less so you need to look at them close.

Used moldings are usually beat on or sand scratched to death from careless repaints over the years. I've seen single pieces on ebay in the past but more often than not they are listed wrong. Check with Lynn (carguy66cars) as he may have or know where some NOS moldings are, I did get a door molding for my '71 from him a few years back.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:16 PM

Steve,

Thanks for the information, very much obliged. I will see if i can get a hold of Lynn, as you suggested.

Aubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve v View Post
I believe Lemans & GTO moldings are the same part.

You can tell which side the door & fender moldings are from by looking at the ends where the door/fender meet. There is a slight angle that follows the front edge of the door, same with the back edge of the fender molding. The 1/4 molding will also have a slight angle on the back edge that follows the angle of the bumper cut out. All of the angles are very slight, maybe 10 degrees or less so you need to look at them close.

Used moldings are usually beat on or sand scratched to death from careless repaints over the years. I've seen single pieces on ebay in the past but more often than not they are listed wrong. Check with Lynn (carguy66cars) as he may have or know where some NOS moldings are, I did get a door molding for my '71 from him a few years back.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:21 PM

I have 3 NOS pieces of the side molding. Sent you a PM

Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 AM

I have NOS trim pieces for both doors and also one for the left front fender

Old 04-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have one used door piece in good condition.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com