Old 04-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Senior Chief

Default Rear window tint....

Hello guys, have a tint question. Had a friend (seasoned professional tinter) come out to the house to put tint on the 69 GTO. He decided to do the rear window first since it had some funky compound curves to it. I watched him try several times but with the compound radius's that the galss has, he can't get regular tint on it. He thinks that he can get some ceramic tint on it because it will shrink more, but that is at his shop....I gave him my spare rear window for him to try at his shop.

Anyone have any experience with this? He claims this is the first window he has not been able to put tint on....and I believe him since I have seen ALOT of his work....and the tint on my 69 Camaro he did over 4 years ago is still like it was the day he did it.

Thanks guys,

~Joe

Build thread for my poppa ~~> CLICKY CLICKY
Old 04-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i know for tint guys, its harder to do glass out of the car than in, i dont know why, but they just cant make it work

dont understand why he cant make it work, i used to have a tint guy that could do 83 up camaros hatch glass, now thats a complex curve...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Hammertime Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
i know for tint guys, its harder to do glass out of the car than in, i dont know why, but they just cant make it work

dont understand why he cant make it work, i used to have a tint guy that could do 83 up camaros hatch glass, now thats a complex curve...
I asked my tint guy if he wanted my rear window out of the car and he said no. He's been doing it for 20 yrs. You'd think a big hatch back type window would be easier to do out of the car. I guess not.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had the windows tinted on my 69 two years ago and the tinter never mentioned anything to me.

He used Llumar film.