Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 AM

Default Auto Paint Shop (Houston Area)?

Are there any members out here in the houston area that can recomend a good Auto Paint shop ? I have been to a couple of shops to get prices for Painting my 69 GP , and I was really surprised at the cost of a paint job . Both places quoted 10 K for a Base Coat /Clear Coat . Is it me, or is this just way high for a paint job ?

Ben

Old 03-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Suspended

I am probably 100 miles east of you but I have a paint and body guy who moonlights, and who did my '63 Catalina for 8k. He took it down to bare metal, put on probably a gallon of bondo and then long boarded 98% of it back off to get the car flat, and then came back with Finish1 primer and PPG bc/cc. He only had to weld one small patch in my car so if you needed body work the price would go up. My job took him seven weeks working in the evenings and on weekends.

10k sounds about right for a commercial shop.

I highly recommend my guy but will not underwrite a guarantee of your paint job by him.
If you think you might be interested PM me.