Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My wife had it before we were married. Still does.

Its good for all the cars associated with the policy holder as long as that person is present when the truck arrives. I bumped a curb pretty hard with my car (daily ride), flattened two passenger side tires and they came out right away.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Senior Chief

I see there is 3 levels of AAA. 1st level is for tow up to 5 miles and limited to cars pickups,suvs. 2nd level including motorhomes and travel trailers and includes towing up to 100 miles. 3rd level includes 1 tow up to 200 miles and some other stuff.
Which one are you guys using? Price varies from 57.00 to 119.00 and additional 12.50 for spouse.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Senior Chief

Well worth the money paid for itself lots of times over the years plus purks

Michael Hughes Sr
1966 GTO Convertable: Stolen never recovered
1966 GTO Hard Top .30 over 455 4-Speed 3:23 Posi
Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had AAA up until a few years ago. I used to travel a lot (coast-to-coast and to Florida) and made use of the Trip-Tiks. You could also order a thick paper back handbook for all of the states you wanted to visit, all at no additional cost. I found that alone was worth the cost, but hotel discounts were not that great. Five bucks off on a $100 room does not impress me. All of this was before GPS systems were so common and affordable.
I've since learned that a great deal of the dues you guys are paying are used for sending me monthly offers to re-new.
Not knocking it, It's just not for me at this time. If I start doing more long distance travel, then yes.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Chapman View Post
I see there is 3 levels of AAA. 1st level is for tow up to 5 miles and limited to cars pickups,suvs. 2nd level including motorhomes and travel trailers and includes towing up to 100 miles. 3rd level includes 1 tow up to 200 miles and some other stuff.
Which one are you guys using? Price varies from 57.00 to 119.00 and additional 12.50 for spouse.
I upgraded from the basic level to the second level a few years ago, besides the distance of the tow you can get more tows in a year. At the time I was having a weird electrical problem with my daily driver and had to get it towed a bunch of times. (I eventually figured out the problem was a $10 relay and it's been fine ever since.)

Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am renewing my long standing membership with AAA. My membership was set to expire on Friday March 1, 2013. I had not renewed as of that date. On March 1 I was returning from the dragstrip trailering my 65 Catalina with my pick up. Lo and behold the fuel pump goes out on my pick-up stranding me in a less than savory neighborhood.
Friends came by to take the trailer and Catalina and AAA towed the truck to my favorite repair shop. If ever there was an omen, that was it.

Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.