THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:39 PM

Default eBay must hate the iPad

I use ebay quite a bit on my iPad and they launched a new version of ebay for mobile devices a while back but let you opt out of it and get back to their classic site.

The mobile or touch version of their site was terrible. Full of bugs and missing a on of features.

Now this week, ebay no longer let's you get out of their useless mobile version. It lets you get back to the lassie homepage but then you're bounced into the touch version of the site if you do anything.

I guess they must think people with iPads don't want I use their site. The feedback forums they have on the mobile site all talk about how much people hate the new site w/specific reasons that don't get addressed.

Never a huge fan of ebays site but if they keep this up, they're going to run the company into the ground.

I'm just about done with them.....

Sorry for the rant...

Old 02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The original founder and execs who started and built eBay are not there anymore. The new folks in charge just don't get it. All the good things about eBay that made it fun (and profitable) are gone. They have totally run it into the ground with higher fees and lack of protection for both buyer and seller. I will not be surprised when they pull the plug on that deal. I used to buy and sell tons of stuff on there, but now I use eBay maybe 1-2 times per year.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm out of ebay as well as a seller. Cant sell much and you give back 13% or so. I do look for stuff there though.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:14 PM

I had actually been pitched by a company that claimed to have designed some parts of their site. Suffice it to say, they were not based in the US but bragged to me how much cheaper they could work for.

I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

Their priorities are obviously about making as much as they can wring out of their users.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've switched most of my searching to Amazon. See my post anyone having experience selling on Amazon. In the last year or two Amazon has been my first preference and eBay a distant, distant second.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The ebay mobile software was designed for and worked well on Droid smart phones.
I use the std/full size ebay advanced search screen ( what you should have for a ebay bookmark) on my 32 gig smart phone. No issues ( its a droid)