SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:02 PM

Exclamation 1973 Trans Am

There's a '73 TA listed on the Phoenix Craigslist. It's a nice car...I should know; I own it! I slapped it on Craigslist very hastily yesterday, after finding out that Barrett Jackson was in town. I had intended to put it on here, but like I said, I posted it quite hastily. Anyway; it's there for now, in case anyone is interested...thanks; diddly (squat)

Old 01-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Senior Chief

Default Nice T/A

That's a Very nice looking T/A.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/3550990743.html

Old 01-17-2013, 09:07 PM

Thanks for the compliment DANTIP! And thanks for putting that link up ther eaglesan13: I do appreciate it. It never even entered my little mind, to do that!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:27 AM

Hey guys and gals; I thought I'd write a few more details here about my car, since I did a pretty lousy job when I so hastily wrote that first ad: First of all, the engine bay pics show the AC, NOT hooked up. In reality, the AC system is completely hooked up, fully functional and blows very cold (R12). I still have the original air cleaner snorkle ducting, that brings in fresh air, from the front of the engine bay. Every single nut and bolt in that engine compartment was removed, cleaned to 'like new' condition, and reused. Every electrical contact was removed from it's housing, polished and reinserted. (Yes; I've been accused of being anal retentive, before) but I was looking for total reliabillity, as well as a very clean look. Inside the car, the pics of the dash show a couple of gauges at the base of the center console: Those are a pair of Dakota Digital gauges that I installed to keep an 'accurate eye' on the water temp. and oil pressure, after spending all the $$ on the engine rebuild. I chose that location so that I didn't have to drill any holes for mounting, and the gauges can be easily removed and the stock units, (in the dash) can be used, as they work fine, to my knowledge. I'll at least mention a few details about the engine build; as most people want to know something about it: Briefly; again, it's a '74 block and crank, with '72 round port, HO heads; it's got a Crane Energizer 272 cam, Edelbrock Intake with a 'Cliff Qjet' sitting atop it. It runs flwalessly and pulls like a mule. I have many more pictures, including some that show how clean the undercarriage is; I just haven't figured out yet, how to create a link to photobucket: I might be working on that later today. Hope this helps; call if you want more info. Thanks....diddly.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:41 AM
Senior Chief

Sweet red Bird!

Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Senior Chief

The owner of the '73 TA is Bo Rizzo. He's an auto broker in Tucson, AZ. I tried in good faith to buy it, here's the short factual version:

1. Called Rizzo on Thursday (1/24/13) to get info and pricing on the TA. Rizzo gives a price that he will sell the car for. I request more pictures.

2. Rizzo e-mails good quality pics on Friday evening (1/25/13). I e-mail him that I will give him the price he quoted me on Thursday.

3. Saturday morning (1/26/13) Rizzo e-mails me that he will indeed sell the car for the quoted price and will call me Saturday afternoon to make a plan on how to proceed. At this point I thought we had a deal. I was pretty excited since I've wanted a red '73 TA 4-speed for a long time.

4. Saturday afternoon Rizzo calls me and says that he's had other parties calling him offering more money than what we had agreed on, a price that was determined by him.

5. Rizzo won't sell me the car at the price quoted by him.

I've done a few long distance Pontiac car transactions over the years and have never had any issues until now. I'd love to have the car but even if we came to agreeable terms I'd be leery of sending payment and actually having the TA shipped to me.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Been there done that, I found a 69 in Georgia, agreed on a price and the day I packed up and was going after it he said he had other offers and wanted me to match them. I didn't fall for it.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Senior Chief

Maybe I'm old fashioned or just plain old. When the deal is agreed on you follow through!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 PM

Default Integrity

Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one's actions. Integrity can be regarded as the opposite of hypocrisy,[1] in that integrity regards internal consistency as a virtue, and suggests that parties holding apparently conflicting values should account for the discrepancy or alter their beliefs.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 AM
Senior Chief

Default 73 TA

It sucks to hear about deals gone wrong. My Dad used to say "A deal is a deal, even if you find out it's a bad deal". Hopefully you end up with a better deal on a better car.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:38 AM

Sounds to me like he's nothing more than just a low life POS, one of many out there in the collector car world. We've all dealt with them at least once.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Senior Chief

I don't know if Bo is a bad guy or not. His handling of this transaction however was very poor. It's very frustrating for me since I really wanted the car.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Maybe I'm old fashioned or just plain old. When the deal is agreed on you follow through!
Damn rights, sounds like a typical greasy used car salesman.
Buy from an honest man, they'll be others for sale.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Everything happens for a reason. Consider yourself lucky, you probably dodged a bullet!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Had it happen to me and then found out it was someone from our forum. I chose to take the high road and not post anything here but sure wanted to.
Bottom line, buying long distance is a crap shoot. You really have to go there with cash in person so A. You know what you are getting and B. the guy cannot play this game. The www has brought this on more and more but these kind of guys have always existed. - (read shiester)
Caveat Emptor!

Last edited by ponchjoe; 01-30-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

felt bad for ya so i figured i would search for ya. I'll keep an eye out!

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/3476401587.html
1973 PONTIAC TRANS AM BUCCANEER RED - $22900 (Auburn)
1973 BUCCANEER RED PONTIAC TRANS AM
-455 AUTO
-DELUXE INTERIOR
-GOOD CONDITION
-22,900.00 OR BEST OFFER
THIS WILL MAKE A PERFECT CHRISTMAS GIFT!

PLEASE CALL HEATHER AT (440)479-6851 FOR DETAILS

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for posting the ad. I have talked with them on the phone. I've been searching too! I really want a '73 4-speed A/C 'bird even if it's a clone.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:12 PM

Unhappy I'd do it differently, next time!

Well, I think I should at least tell my side of the story. Not surprisingly, my view is not exactly the same as Bob C.'s I'm not going to say that Bob is lying, but there is some 'gray area' when it comes to wether or not I committed to selling the car, to him, for that price. He never said, "I'll give you that much for it!" And I never said, "I'll sell it to you for that much!" I did indeed have a plan to proceed with the sale, after I returned from my committment on Saturday morning. Bob C. was supposed to send me an email stating that he wanted to proceed. Well he did send me the email, but so did a lot of other people, spurred by the pictures that I sent out to a bunch of interested parties, that I had been in contact with for several days before Bob C. had expressed any interest in the car. Some people begged me to sell the thing, RIGHT NOW (for substantially more $$ than Bob was offering), but I told them that I 'owed' Bob a call to see if he was interested in, 'staying in'. I'm sure that's where everybody reads, "Bo is a slimy used car salesman." In hindsight, I told Bob that I wasn't 'quick enough' to see the building dilemma and that I should have 'fielded offers' for some time period, then made a final decision. (with of course, anyone who offers the asking price, ending the sale, immediately!) Well; none of that happened: Bob didn't make a 'firm offer' and I never accepted a 'firm offer', and the end result is I royally pissed off someone that I've never even met, and people who have never met me, think very poorly of me. It's a shame, no matter how you look at it. I learned something about selling a classic car, that generates lots of 'special' interest, but perhaps at someone else's expense. For that I am truly sorry...Maybe some of you guys can learn from my experience!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Senior Chief

WOW! In deference to the PY moderator I'm not going to draw out this thread anymore. I do have to say though that I absolutely, 100% guaranteed made a "firm offer" and that the amount offered was a price that diddly had quoted to me. A price that he stated in more than one instance would buy the car. Besides the phone conversation I have the e-mails to prove it. Trying to spin it any other way is well, you'll just have to form your own opinion.

I appreciate the support from fellow PY members who've seen this type of seller behavior before and reject it.

BobC