THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Based on YOUR issues expressed Apparently YOU DID “make a mistake joining up here”…

Irony missed by you here is that YOU started your own “bickering” with the attacks on Sleepy, Bob Dillon, etc. If this really bothers you so much, simple solution is Don't Read The Thread! Or are you not in control of your own actions?

That old saying “Don’t let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.” is a good fit here IMO.

BTW: If you don’t like MO – Too Bad! This is a free forum and still a free country! Enjoy your trip back to the pro-Honda, Ford, etc. forums.
Excuse me sir, but are you the owner of this forum ? Or are you just another forum thug ? I simply replied to Mr Reid's post and I don't understand exactly how you came up with idea that I attacked anyone here from my comments. I certainly haven't implied any type of attack on Mr Dillon. You seem to be easily confused . I have the choice of not interacting or to not view a thread such as this one, but in your own words "This is a free forum and still a free country". Good day.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
Jealous? I have 3. a 64gp, 68fb and 02fb. Jealous of your pontiacs? PFFFFFTTTT.
O02fb don't count.

1970 GTO 4spd VOE Pepper Green, green int.
1967 LeMans 428 Auto. Blue, black int.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76WS4 View Post
Mr Reid, it looks to me that this Sleepy fella interjected his Honda high mileage claim first like Honda's are much better cars than Pontiacs and "Pontiac is dead" ,followed by the Bob Dillon post of his Bonneville with almost 200K on it. I believe the thread detoured there. I still don't understand why the couple of members that feel the need to bash GM and Pontiac are even posting here ? There are plenty of pro-Honda, Ford, etc forums they may be more comfortable bickering on. This place is looking more and more like all the "other" forums out there. I wonder if I made a mistake joining up here.
I agree with you on this, want to talk Honda ok but bash Pontiac? He's crazy! I suggest checking out the tech section before you head out. Lots of good stuff there and was less bickering. Want to go the other direction and really get bashed go to tha club house, brutal there!!!

1970 GTO 4spd VOE Pepper Green, green int.
1967 LeMans 428 Auto. Blue, black int.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Jealous? I have 3. a 64gp, 68fb and 02fb. Jealous of your pontiacs? PFFFFFTTTT.
As already noted, the 02 Firebird doesn't count.

And unless the engines on the 64 Grand Prix and the 68 Firebird "unopened", you've got nothing relevant to this thread.

As others have noted - for a guy on a Pontiac forum - you don't seem to care much for the brand.

Why not get rid of all that scrap iron that seems to iritate you so much.

Junk cars are currently $135.00 per ton around this area.

I'll give you 50% more than prevailing rates ($202.50 a ton) for those 3 cars. Maybe that would improve your outlook on life....

Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post

And unless the engines on the 64 Grand Prix and the 68 Firebird "unopened", you've got nothing relevant to this thread.

As others have noted - for a guy on a Pontiac forum - you don't seem to care much for the brand.

I'll give you 50% more than prevailing rates ($202.50 a ton) for those 3 cars. Maybe that would improve your outlook on life....
THAT.........and there seems to be a couple of anti GM / Pontiac trouble making crap stirrers here. I see this quite a bit on other forums . Looks as if this one isn't exempt. People like this just ruin it for other hobbyists.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My sons 68 Le Mans including the 70s after market cruise control LOL.

Shawn

"Don't let fatigue make a coward of you."
Old 11-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Suspended

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76WS4 View Post
THAT.........and there seems to be a couple of anti GM / Pontiac trouble making crap stirrers here. I see this quite a bit on other forums . Looks as if this one isn't exempt. People like this just ruin it for other hobbyists.
Back to TAC for you. Lot's of '76 SE info there w/o "Pontiac trouble making crap stirrers (t)here..."

BTT!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Back to TAC for you. Lot's of '76 SE info there w/o "Pontiac trouble making crap stirrers (t)here..."

BTT!
Well, you have made it apparent that you are a forum thug. Are there any others here like you with the big ego ? Do I need to make a list ? People like you should be banned or at least given your own little section for your unfriendly attitude. What exactly is it that I have done to you ? I don't understand.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Suspended

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
Wonder how many folks still have a pontiac engine still running and as it was from pontiac. that is, has never been apart in any way.

I have a 74,000 original mile never been apart 1969 350 engine from a 69 LeMans. runs great.
BTT. So JUDGE3; What was your OP Q intention?

Was it about the (high) mileage, age, or other? I find it interesting to hear and see those 35, 50, or 200 original mile Pontiac et al vehicles and wonder how the seals, hoses, etc. do not leak or need replacement after so long.

Although, if it was a SoCal stored vehicle vs. a Humid Gulf Coast or Rust Belt location that can make a big diff condition wise on all of the OEM systems IMO.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post

Why don't youy stick your nose in someone else's butt crack and stop stalking me.
BTW. The 64 has never been open, The 68? Don't know what was done before i got it.
And while we're compairing johnsons, What classic pontiacs do you own? Inch Worm.

Last edited by sleepy; 11-02-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
BTT. So JUDGE3; What was your OP Q intention?

Was it about the (high) mileage, age, or other? I find it interesting to hear and see those 35, 50, or 200 original mile Pontiac et al vehicles and wonder how the seals, hoses, etc. do not leak or need replacement after so long.

Although, if it was a SoCal stored vehicle vs. a Humid Gulf Coast or Rust Belt location that can make a big diff condition wise on all of the OEM systems IMO.
SEE POST 59

Old 11-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Why don't youy stick your nose in someone else's butt crack and stop stalking me.
Trust me, I'd never want to get close to your butt crack.

Quote:
The 64 has never been open, The 68? Don't know what was done before i got it.
Well, then why did you wait until the 70th post on this thread to mention that - that is what the topic is...

Quote:
And while we're compairing johnsons, What classic pontiacs do you own? Inch Worm.
I'm sure not compairing johnsons - but I guess when you're sleepy - that's what you are wont to do...

If you can read and comprehend the English language you already know the answer to the question. I even posted a photo on this very thread of my "unopened" '50 Silver Streak.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Suspended

Talking

Quote:
SEE POST 59
Oh...I don't know about that. According to POST 72 this is about "Comparing Johnson's"

Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Suspended

Nobody is allowed to have fun in this forum with GM cars. The GM "stirrers" just look for reasons to bash people who like GM. Some of this has to do with politics and some are just being contrary to the larger community here who like classic GMs. Take it elsewhere guys where people want to hear you bag on GM. It's the same old people over and over.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Suspended

Some of you members here act like infants.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoV8 View Post
Nobody is allowed to have fun in this forum with GM cars. The GM "stirrers" just look for reasons to bash people who like GM. Some of this has to do with politics and some are just being contrary to the larger community here who like classic GMs. Take it elsewhere guys where people want to hear you bag on GM. It's the same old people over and over.
Thank You...

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 11-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Oh...I don't know about that. According to POST 72 this is about "Comparing Johnson's"
No, post 72 clearly states that comparing Johnsons is only on the agenda of only one poster - the author of post 70. That would be the same poster that brought Honda's into this thread...

Old 11-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Still sniffing?

Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Senior Chief

I didnt mention the 75 577500 block i have it threw a rod and i had it freshend up at the machine shop .30 over on the bore and crank needed .10 over on the mains and .20 over on the rods, I only took it to the shop for a buddy that has a 66 4dr Tempest was just going to give it to him for the cost of the machining.

Shoes OMG yep plenty of those and plenty of Coach purses and Ali-Baba himself would cry looking at her jewelry case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
How many pairs of shoes does she have???...LOL

I'm kinda overwhelmed at how many have essentially untouched engines, I have a 77 400 and 78 400, both thin 557's on stands, one outta my T/A, another from a friends Catalina, never been touched lotssa miles...of course we're talk'n Pontiac's.

Michael Hughes Sr
1966 GTO Convertable: Stolen never recovered
1966 GTO Hard Top .30 over 455 4-Speed 3:23 Posi
Old 11-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Wonder how many folks still have a pontiac engine still running and as it was from pontiac. that is, has never been apart in any way.

I have a 74,000 original mile never been apart 1969 350 engine from a 69 LeMans. runs great.

My '70 Lemans Sport was all original with 89K when I bought it five years ago and other than changing out the original timing gear (which was just about ready to fail), adding HEI and swapping the 2V intake/carb out for a stock 4V intake and Q-jet it is still as built from Pontiac in December of '69 (leaking from the rear main now, of course).

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT