67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Carpet padding question

Hey,

I installed my carpet a couple of weeks ago in my 67. The carpet already had a jute underlayment sewn on the backside in strategic locations, and I also installed the factory style asphalt deadener under that.

Yesterday when going thru all my resto crap, I found the jute carpet pad in the attached pic. I didn't buy any of this stuff, but it came with the car from the previous owner.

Where would the padding go? I'm guessing that the piece on the left is for the rear, and the right is for the front? That seemed like a lot of padding. I don't know if the previous owner ordered something without knowing the carpet had some sewn on.

Any ideas on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121029_140659.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	301773  

Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 PM

Sure looks like the inside of the firewall and panel behind the rear seat or under the package tray.