Old 06-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Didn't know Goodyear made the repro Polyglas tires state side. That's good to hear. In the early 90's, I was told the bulk of the repro Polyglas line, the F70-14's, E70-14's were made in Argentina. it was about that time Kelsy introduced all the different F60-15's & the G70-14's were soon to follow.
Dunno if ALL of the G60s are USA made, Roger, but BOTH sets I've purchased were definitely made in Akron.

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 06-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beautifuldaughter View Post
Your right ,there are a lot of variables in the thought process here, I,ve yet to find a set of the kr wheels,I only have found 1. But these tires like every thing else on my car where in very nice shape, yes probably hard ,and not recommended for any regular use, and had some chips in the white letters. And I'm a real perfectionist. But in my mind the fact that they where the original tires and in such good condition. Added to the overall picture of where this car stands in time. I have had many ,many old cars from years in garages, barns ,and sometimes back yards, and none where ever close to this one as far as seeming like when the clock on the dash stopped ,so did time itself. I couldn't bring myself to pay 500.00 for them, ( plus I would probably lose half my stuff in the divorce )but maybe I can go through some of the old vintage takeoff stuff and offer the guy a trade or something,he seems to sell a lot of stuff. But thanks for the input, Thats just what I'm looking for.
How cool is it to be able to say the car has two of the tires it came off the line with in the rear, Or even its original spare for that matter. Or, would it just seem cool in my own motor head mind. And it could always be disputed as to whether they where the originals anyway, Only I know they where. this cars still has its original 40 year old soft squishy door seals.
I think I will make a list of some stuff in the attic today and see if the guy might be interested in a trade off, Just then I would have to drive a couple of hours to him.
I don't know,, Is the cheese sliding off my cracker ????????
That is certainly a dilemma and I can sympathize with what your "motor head mind" is going thru. I personally would forget about those tires as what's done is done. It was only two tires, not a complete set of four. Buying those two tires will not add any value to your car. Let's say for some reason you have to sell the car in the future, the guy bidding on your car at Russo & Steele, Mecum or a Barrett Jackson Auction who buys your car could care less that there are two original scuffed up born with dated tires sitting in the trunk of the car. Can't really use them. It just takes up space. And to make things worse the guy that buys your car ends up being a dealer who throws those tire in his warehouse with all of the other parts he has acquired from buying and selling (point being that the tires will eventually be orphaned from the car in the future).

But if you decide to try to get those tires back using cash and trade of some of your take off parts......keep in mind that you could be screwing yourself even more. Some of the vintage take off parts are worth some big bucks to the guys restoring their cars to that "Day 2" look. Hate to sound so blunt and negative, but hopefully this will give you some perspective and save you some bucks.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The KN is for sale! 7/20/70 and its original paint and tire.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This is exactly what I was asking for, fellow motor head opinions, I appreciate it, Its like I said , I think the final conclusion is " I should have not sold them" but it will be a better investing now into repo polyglass. I guess I was thinking deep down that this would help in the full picture of helping to prove the low miles, but in fact I guess it really wouldn't because aside from what I know of the cars history, to an outsider they could be considered as off of any car in the day, And I think the car will always speak for itself for any knowledgeable car guy. Just should have kept them longer till I found out more about the car, would have been good to have one for a spare.
Done deal,, Thanks everyone!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by notime View Post
What chu Talkin bout Willis ?

Old 06-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by notime View Post
you mean 7/28/70?