Old 05-26-2012, 10:29 AM

Default Never Ends

I don't understand why they would change them either if the one I have is so close to the original why the ---- wouldn't they just continue using that mold ... I guess it probably saved somebody along the process 5 cents so they went the "cheaper route" regardless of the correctness of the product and satisfaction of the customers ....... sorry you are having these issues with this... I just went to ebay and looked at the pics they show for the ram air II, IV (5500rpm redline) which now they just advertise as ram air and the photo of the bottom (don't know if they just use a stock photo now or what) but that sure isn't the same as the one I bought from them so maybe they changed them all now so maybe call them and ask them if the bottom of the (5500) has the vent tube as it should be or not and if they would do an exchange (maybe you don't want the 5500) just a thought either way good luck and I hope you get this worked out

Old 06-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, HO Lemans, wherever your tach in the photos came from I guess your lucky with the draw, I would be happy with what I see in the photos. The One from the Parts Place I received Wasn't like it, Nice On top but really different on the bottom, Had all kinds of grief sending it back. Then I got one from PY that was not like the original, Maybe very good in many ways but it was better on the bottom side and not the same appearance on the top. They are taking it back for me, Anyway I have taken my factory tach apart again and looked closer into things and found that when the the tach was originally removed from the car back in the day and re-installed they drilled the bottom of the rivet off and guess where the top of the rivet stayed, It was laying down in the sump where the mechanics of the tach are, I wonder how many people have that in there? So I took it out and it works better than it did before, I am sure not accurate like Peter says,And makes more sense at lower RPM than high, but I confirmed I had two problems not just the petronix, So since my factory tach is in excellent condition And the aftermarket world can't seem to get it together, I will drive off into the sunset with a tach that looks great and almost works right. Thanks everyone. And if your needle sticks or won't pass a certain spot, " take the rivet out of it" LOL