Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 AM
Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to Formulafr Send a message via AIM to Formulafr Send a message via Yahoo to Formulafr Send a message via Skype™ to Formulafr
Default 76 front nose material

can someone tell me if the front nose of 1976 firebird is andura or fiberglass from the factory?

thanks

Old 05-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bumper is Endura, header panel is a composite reinforced plastic injection molded, not really fiberglass as it's not as strong as fiberglass, yet it does have some glass strands in it. Fiberglass uses a 2 part epoxy resin for the bonding agent, where the stock header panel uses thermal molded plastic as the bonding agent.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 05-26-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to Formulafr Send a message via AIM to Formulafr Send a message via Yahoo to Formulafr Send a message via Skype™ to Formulafr

perfect answer!

i think only 76's model are made like this, is it true? 74-75 seems to be endura, right? what about other years?

Old 05-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

From my experience the 74-75 header is the same type material as 76. The reason I know this is I bought a 75 with slight front end damage and converted it to the 76 front end as I liked the looks better than the 74-75 parts.

The front bumper has the rubber moldings and bumperettes that are black and I preferred the body colored parts over the two tone style. My opinion is the 76 is cleaner and better looking than its 74-75 counterparts.

Both styles of bumpers are extremely heavy also, lots of reinforcement in either to be able to pass the 5 MPH bumper requirement and nothing energy absorbing, just heavy steel inside of the bumpers.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 05-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Over the years have parted quite a few '76 Birds & the header panels seemed to made very similar to the header panel on '70 & '71 T-37's & LeMans. Pontiac referred to this construction as FPR (fiberglas reinforced plastic), at least in the early '70's

Old 05-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Suspended

that's what i was thinking about 70-76... now i'm sure.

77-81 have really soft front nose, what i guess they are endura. and because bumper are under the plastic nose.