Old 05-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Senior Chief

Default Time to start stocking up on 134A

You may want to start to start stocking up on 134A. The feds will make sure production stops in the near future. Amazing, DuDont patented 134A just about 20 years ago and the patent will run out soon. Coincidence? I don't think so. Out here in California we are now charged a $10.00 core charge on a can of 134A and we only have 90 days to return the empty can to get our core charge back. Why? to prevent us from stocking up or hoarding the stuff before production is outlawed like R12 was. The new repalcement stuff is R-1234yf and here's the kicker it will be about $40 - $60 a pound AND who will be supplying us with this new R-1234yf DuPont & Honeywell now there's a surprise. NOT! I've been stocking up like mad. I can get a case of 134A out of state for a little over $71.00 including tax. That's less than $7.00 a can. Here in California a can of 134A is around $13.00 PLUS a $10.00 core charge. I HATE these damn Greenie Weine's. Oh, here's the link to this bad news:

http://macsworldwide.wordpress.com/2...bout-r-1234yf/

Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the tip,I'll snag a30lb to keep in the garage.