Old 04-29-2012, 01:35 PM

Default Mega Parts Haul = Creative Packing & Stacking

The two Rad's finally meet. Radman made the nearly 12 hour drive from Ohio to Kansas to get the mother load of my 62 Tempest parts from the two cars I parted out. Check out the photo's of all the parts laid out on my driveway then picture Radman driving up with his Chevy Colorado and tiny two wheeled utility trailer. It took us about 3 hours to get it all stacked and packed but he got it all except for the front bench seat that wasn't in the best shape. Hopefully Radman will see this and chime in with his version of his long trip home with the mega load. It was nice to meet a fellow Tempest owner face to face. It was also nice to see all my parts go in one large load and not have to mess with selling piece by piece over a long time frame. Thanks Radman!
Randy

Old 04-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wish someone would come get the mother load out of my shop... They'd need a semi-truck.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Randy, glad it worked out for you both! We can never have enough spare parts. Thanks for sharing the pictures, I'll catch up with Radman tomorrow.
Gary

Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I made it home to Pickerington at 4 AM on Sunday. Slept till 10 AM, then took everything to the shed at the farm, another 2 hours East. I got everything in the shed except parts that look like they may be useful on the project car.
More later.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
I made it home to Pickerington at 4 AM on Sunday. Slept till 10 AM, then took everything to the shed at the farm, another 2 hours East. I got everything in the shed except parts that look like they may be useful on the project car.
More later.
Glad you made it OK. I bet you were wiped out. Thats a lot of driving all by yourself.

Randy

Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 PM

The most interesting thing about this load was the three doors that were stood up in the truck bed just like they were on a car then with the windows down, the carefully padded two rear windows were laid through the open window holes as seen in the blue blanket right behind the truck cab. For padding and packing we used 3 small rolls of used carpet padding I got behind a carpet store in a dumpster for free. We had to air up the trailer tires a bunch as they were looking pretty flat once loaded. It was a interesting project in weaving parts.