Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger is Better View Post
Well I think we are pretty much in the same area

Sorry I have been taking a year off after I rolled my car and just started to get back at looking at it (or whats left). I think you will be happy with Dave's stuff and I like the spring rates he runs. He has been real busy lately but more so challenged with some of his suppliers (leaf springs in particular), its best to call him but as many have mentioned you will need to be patient. Maybe ask him what he has in stock vs what he is waiting on and go from there.

My car has custom Wilwood front brakes we pieced together and the rear is the off the sheld wilwood 12 inch kit with e brake. Dave's brakes look good and the other supplier I really like is Kore 3 in Oregon so close to you. They do great C5kits if you want to keep it GM. I actually use their front hubs for my brakes.

Hey man a bunch of the guys I race with from Vancouver went to Mary Hill Climb last year, I had rolled my car by then so I missed out. It looks real cool but some were worried about the long drop offs and distance from corner workers (I can tell you its nice when they come to save your bacon after a crash).

For tires you might want to look at tires that are 285/17 vs the 275/17, they look better in the wheel wells. I have some 275s on my YO snowflakes but think I will move the 285s, Nitto and Contental has that size.

Good luck with the new parts, they are pretty much what I have on my car (or my new car).
That is a cool car and some neat video.Thanks for the advice on the tires.

I'm glad to hear they work at least. It's not the parts working as stated I'm really worried about. It's the lack of response from the parts seller. That's torqued me OFF!

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

Last edited by uneasyrider; 04-01-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

For those that don't know the Maryhill Loops Road here's some history, still shots and some in car footage of the road:

http://www.maryhillmuseum.org/Visit/Do/loops.html (Funny they should pick a photo of the hill climb with a wet road. We get about 7" of precipitation a YEAR here. That means with snow and EVERYTHING.)

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/11290228.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5BN8...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPHmOIjjlwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EuWLkWCw8U

― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneasyrider View Post
That is a cool car and some neat video.Thanks for the advice on the tires.

I'm glad to hear they work at least. It's not the parts working as stated I'm really worried about. It's the lack of response from the parts seller. That's torqued me OFF!
Just so everyone is informed of both sides Dave sent me an email this afternoon informing me that I did place an order and it needs to be palletized. He still needs to tell me exactly what I ordered, i.e. a receipt, and when this pallet of "widgets" will show up. At least I know he's alive and he knows I'm alive and still need a little more to go on.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If you want any info on Dave's part's just PM me. I have installed his comp suspension with every product he sell's on my 73 TA.

For tires I went with Nitto NT555RII Extreme, heat cycled. I wanted the stickist street tire available, don't care about how many miles they last!

Dave is good, he is just not fast. I placed my order in Aug of 2011 and just received my last part in March 2012. Parts are outstanding!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ta View Post
If you want any info on Dave's part's just PM me. I have installed his comp suspension with every product he sell's on my 73 TA.

For tires I went with Nitto NT555RII Extreme, heat cycled. I wanted the stickist street tire available, don't care about how many miles they last!

Dave is good, he is just not fast. I placed my order in Aug of 2011 and just received my last part in March 2012. Parts are outstanding!
lol Well... You might have just sealed it for me. There is NO WAY I'm going to tolerate that kind of shipment "schedule"! You have to be kidding, right? I want this thing on the road by this Summer not this Winter! You're kidding, right? Good parts or no that is RIDICULOUS! You are kidding, right?

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 04-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
lol Well... You might have just sealed it for me. There is NO WAY I'm going to tolerate that kind of shipment "schedule"! You have to be kidding, right? I want this thing on the road by this Summer not this Winter! You're kidding, right? Good parts or no that is RIDICULOUS! You are kidding, right?
Try Keith over at customworks. http://www.customworksproducts.com/index.html

Went 12's in pure daily driver trim! A/C, leather power seats, power
steering, full stereo, sound deadening, power windows, full suspension,
true street tires, power 4 wheel discs, and 25MPG!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNLOW View Post
Dave got ahold of me and gave me a shipping date that was reasonable and now I'll see if it all actually happens. Thank you for the suggestion though, I appreciate it.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNLOW View Post
BTW, I forgot to ask you, could you post a larger picture of your Formula? That sure is a nice looking car. I like the Formula's the best but the TA is what I had. I love my TA but I think the '70-'73 Formula's are the prettiest of the Firebirds of ANY generation.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 04-12-2012, 03:07 AM
Senior Chief

Very Nice !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtKk5GNtWH0

Life is tough. Life is tougher when you're stupid.
-John Wayne
Old 04-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz428 View Post
Very Nice !!!!!
Thank you but I'm sure there are people on here now that would say I'm an "A number one...". OH! You're talking about my car!? Thank you! I looked at yours on your link. It's very cool! Mine still needs a lot of work but I have the suspension and breaks now to match the engine so at least it's safe. The interior is in pretty bad shape, all sun fried original, and it needs glass. The door guides are wore out and it really scratched the glass bad. Only thousands of dollars more to go. lol

Brief history of the old girl: My buddy bought it from the second owner in 1984 when we were 19. We were always good about letting each other drive our cars so I got to drive it several times while he owned it and it was pretty dang fast for a '74. It sounded like someone had put a cam in it and it had a set of cheep three tube headers on it so we chocked up the unusual performance to aftermarket parts. He sold to a guy that sold it a year later because it got bad gas milage. Duh! lol So my other buddy bought it and we went out and rodded the crap out of it and it lost a rod bearing and it set from 1986 until he gave it to me in 1993. I then proceeded to not have the money to do a thing with it and sold it a couple years later to a guy that let it set behind his place for 9yrs when I finally bought it back. It turned out he had never transferred the title. lol So I started throwing money at it in 2004 and we found out why the car ran so well back then. At some point the original engine had been swapped for a nearly complete '70 RAIII. I ended up selling the heads, manifold and carburetor to rebuild the engine in higher performance tune. The carb turned out to pay for almost half of the engine, $2,775 on ebay. A few misadventures later here it is with an SD Performance engine dyno'ed at 498hp and 562ftlbs, the original 4-spd and a set of 2.73's in the rear. You see, we had always been disappointed that the car would only run out to about 140mph back when we were kids and we thought it should at least burry the speedometer. Well... now it will do about 70mph in 1st, 100 in 2nd, 130 in 3rd and 170 in 4th at around 6,200rpm. Now it has the hp and gears to burry the speedo. I will be putting a set of 3.42's in it with a GV's OD to make it more tractable overall. It is fun though to see the look on someones face that's messing with you when you drop it 2 gears at 70mph and mash it.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 04-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I think the long lead times were because of his suppliers. He seems to have that worked out now and shipping should be faster. Still very good parts, and very knowledgeable guy. I would highly reccommend them. Price is lower than comperable competitors parts also.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ta View Post
I think the long lead times were because of his suppliers. He seems to have that worked out now and shipping should be faster. Still very good parts, and very knowledgeable guy. I would highly reccommend them. Price is lower than comperable competitors parts also.
Well... If all my stuff shows up I'll have all my stuff. If it all works I'll be happy that it all works...

― Socrates
― Plato