Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 PM

Default Hydraulic Clutch pics?

Hello all! First post, been lurking around for some time now absorbing the loads of info here.

Ive got a '63 Lemans that I have been working on, converting to a 'conventional' drivetrain and changing from auto to manual trans. I have scavanged some parts I have from a parts car, but I would like to stay away from using the factory type linkages for the clutch. I know a few of you have installed a hydraulic clutch setup and was wondering if anyone had any pics of their setups? Having a hard time picturing how this is going to work with the master cylinder, etc. Thanks for your help!!

-Grant

Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have done 3 with hyd clutch.The car im driving now we mounted the M/C inboard of the brake M/C and moved the engine to the pass side to clear.As it was a 4 cyc car and we were putting a V 8 on those mounts it was easy and also gave us more room for headers.I did one with a old chevy truck dual clutch/brake M/C.It sucked when we first did it as the bore was too big and was impossible to push it in.We had it bushed and it worked good.Another I had a shop come up with a M/C from a import car that was below the brake M/C and angled down and it worked good also.I used the Mcleod hyd throwout bearing on all applications.The tempest clutch linkage is not very good and if doing another I would do the hyd system again.If you have power brakes the way the M/C mounts on a bracket ahaed of the firewall made that car MUCH easyer to do.Tom