Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Crustysarge does have all good points and he can / will do whatever he wants. He is not wrong for simply expecting what he paid for. I do think contact in some way to people that are owed headers would be nice but that is Ron's decision.

Legally I really don't think anything would be enforced. Even if they did decide to look into it and they see the bankrupty and Ron's decision made to not include customers and the continuous attempt to fill the back-orders he will not be labled as a scam or a thief. Tribal Tunes has an internet presence that hides nothing people still chose to place new orders which make it possible for "owed" headers to get filled. I bought and received O ports and they are a quality piece. If needed I would order another set from Ron.

Is it so hard to understand that anything that prevents new orders from being placed is directly responsible for delaying old orders from being filled.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:19 PM

Any update on the stainless option? Also, is a 1 7/8 D port available for a 2nd gen 'bird?

Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedgoat View Post
Crustysarge does have all good points and he can / will do whatever he wants. He is not wrong for simply expecting what he paid for. I do think contact in some way to people that are owed headers would be nice but that is Ron's decision.

Legally I really don't think anything would be enforced. Even if they did decide to look into it and they see the bankrupty and Ron's decision made to not include customers and the continuous attempt to fill the back-orders he will not be labled as a scam or a thief. Tribal Tunes has an internet presence that hides nothing people still chose to place new orders which make it possible for "owed" headers to get filled. I bought and received O ports and they are a quality piece. If needed I would order another set from Ron.

Is it so hard to understand that anything that prevents new orders from being placed is directly responsible for delaying old orders from being filled.
Exactly. Anybody that has ordered in the last 5 or 6 years ought to know exactly what they are getting into. Ron makes cool headers but there is absolutely no way to know how long its going to take to get them, and there will be no flow of information. Read the last 40 pages before you order.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Senior Chief

Ya know Ron really should have declared bankruptcy when the first people screwed him over and took all his money, that way we wouldn't have all this complaining about how long it takes to get our headers Then we could all be out money and he could be on his merry way instead of selling all his stuff and trying to do right by all these winey bi*#%es.
These are a one man operation header that is something NOBODY produces and would have been going smoothly had companies and "do gooders" not taken advantage of him. He is not a company, he is like any of you or I that thought it would be cool to make some nice try Y's for the Pontiac community. People are getting headers. If you are on a timetable get Headmans. They should fit pretty close and perform O.K. But, If you want quality, order Tri Y's from Ron and wait for "Christmas".

'68 hard blocked forged 463 (thanks Luhn Performance), SD prepped HO aluminum intake, SD Perf 290cfm KRE'S,'Ol Faithful cam, 2004r with a "Jim Hand special" converter to a 3.42 Trutrac 12 bolt hung from a 4 link. With a 120 shot of N2O for fun.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Suspended

Guys...Deanna was perfectly correct. It takes 3 sets of headers ordered per month to keep the doors open so that any old orders even go out. It isnt easy. That said....

TRIBAL TUBES WOULD LIKE TO REGRETFULLY ANNOUNCE A PRICE INCREASE FOR THESE HAND BUILT HEADERS. 1 3/4" headers will be $495 uncoated starting Feb 1st. When you consider that they were $489 in 2006 when Doug's was making them for Ron you may realize its still a great price. Get your orders in now if you want the old price.

Also, I made a post in the boosted section. I am taking orders for new single and twin turbo headers for delivery at the end of Feb. Info is in that section.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:10 AM

Ron PM'd crusty earlier.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:25 AM

Aron,

For thesecond time please check your mail. Deanna i responded to an email from Ron about 10 days ago, please check and answer ??????????

Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Need 2" first generation firebird headers. Any idea if/when those will be available?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have MANY questions about this deal:

- What is quoted as the lead-time on new orders?
- Are headers being shipped in the order that orders were received?
- How many are currently on order, and what is the age of each of those orders?

Regardless of all the personal hardship that is claimed in this thread, I'd never send my hard-earned money to this supplier. I don't care if the headers are the best ever made.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOLou View Post
Need 2" first generation firebird headers. Any idea if/when those will be available?
im waighting on mine but i got a manual trans..

Old 01-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

David, I am not sure how much better the tri-y design will make it but I had a set of 2" mad dogs and I'm telling you there is just no room for that bellcrank clutch linkage. It sucked to try to fit it all together. It caused the tubes to be routed all crazy to get it all to fit.

If I was dead set on 2" again, I think I would use a hydraulic throwout bearing and make a lot more room for my headers. Probably could use auto headers then and have much better routing, looks, and access to bolts. Although I do like the simplicity of the original style clutch linkage.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidponcho View Post
I have MANY questions about this deal:

- What is quoted as the lead-time on new orders?
- Are headers being shipped in the order that orders were received?
- How many are currently on order, and what is the age of each of those orders?

Regardless of all the personal hardship that is claimed in this thread, I'd never send my hard-earned money to this supplier. I don't care if the headers are the best ever made.
then why are you even posting here? trying to stir something up? you don't have a dog in this fight, please let the people involved try to work this out. reading your last 2 lines, go buy some hookers, hedmans, or dougs and have a nice day.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971WARBIRD View Post
then why are you even posting here? trying to stir something up? you don't have a dog in this fight, please let the people involved try to work this out. reading your last 2 lines, go buy some hookers, hedmans, or dougs and have a nice day.
Reading your post, I have to wonder what makes you think you get to decide who can post in which threads. If you don't have answers to my question, then why did you reply? Go away, now

Old 01-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidponcho View Post
Reading your post, I have to wonder what makes you think you get to decide who can post in which threads. If you don't have answers to my question, then why did you reply? Go away, now
do you have a set ordered?

you ask questions and say no matter what the answer you wouldn't buy these from him anyway.

so once again i ask,are you just trying to stir something up or if you get answers that you like will you order a set? if you will order a set that will help several people, as part of your purchase price will help fund shipping someone elses.

i don't think anyone can give a drop dead date on sets going out. if you read all of the posts, some new orders go out in a few weeks, but it depends on what he is set up to weld up. he can't do a set of 1st gen then a set of 2nd then a set of 1st, takes too long to setup and tear down, which causes down time and more delays.alot of people are trying like crazy to make this work

Old 01-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Are you saying that someone that ordered (and paid) as much as 4 or 5 years ago has not recieved their product. But others recieve theirs a few weeks after a new order?
Is this a fact?

Old 01-16-2012, 01:23 PM

@ sidponcho.................. The administrators asked everybody who hasn't ordered and wil not order a set in time to stay out.
From your post i make up you'll never order a set so please stay out.

Daan

Old 01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

yes.
not being an a$$, but to get an understanding you would have to read the whole thread. alot of things have happened, but the only constant is Ron has tryed to make headers.
as i understand it, he has most,(or all) of the materials for the old orders, but no money to ship for reasons stated in the thread. new orders pay the light bill(welding gas, electricity and stuff isn't cheap we all know), and help put money in hand to pay the shipper. no money coming in, nothing can go out, as is stated in the thread, he has sold most of the things he had trying to make good on this. in the end, he will end up getting people their headers, but he will be left with little except knowing he got it done in the end.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Suspended

Sid and everyone else.....I have been giving expected dates of shipping in new orders, and in almost every case Ron has lived up to it. Contact me, I give you a date (usually within 2 weeks) that your order will be in the box and at the shipper. Done. Ask those who have placed orders since May of this past year if you want confirmation of that.

The reason its not the same with old orders is this - it takes literally 3 sets sold to make the overhead for the month...then the 4th (old order) set can be assembled. How and when those other new orders roll in directly affects the old order production. So unfortunately he cant give a date on those and be exact. If 4+ new orders were placed a month it would be much easier to do this all, but that hasnt been the case. Its been tough to get 3 new orders...

BTW Sid, this has been a heated topic, so people get defensive. Had you come in here with your questions and just asked them all would have been good. But you came in, asked your questions and then state you wouldnt order anyway which just makes it look like the questions asked are meaningless to you. Its a free country and anyone can say what they want. Buy here on PY that is limited to what the owners want to allow. In this case, they allow us to continue posting as long as nobody stirs the pot for whatever reasons. To those here a post like yours looks like stirring the pot.

Hey guys.....keep your chins up! It is happening, even if its slow. Lets keep thinking positively and in the end Ron will get through. After old orders are done things get SO much easier.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW The set I got was mainly to help get some of the older guys help as that project for me is several years off.

To me going to court is a waste of time and money as well as what it could do to others, years ago we quit even going to small claims after getting rulings but never collecting.

1965 GTO 4 barrel 3 speed project
2004 GTO Pulse Red stock motor computer tune 13.43@103.4
1964 Impala SS 409/470ci 600 HP stroker project
1979 Camaro IAII Edelbrock head 500" 695 HP 10.33@132 3595lbs
Old 01-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage david View Post
im waighting on mine but i got a manual trans..

So Dave - have you ordered the 2" tribals? Are those available?

Closed Thread