THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you have any small kids visiting or living there, I would pull the doors off of that freezer.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac6269 View Post
My mom also had a washer like this when I was a kid, I remember getting my fingers pinched a few times. So where the stove and freezer made by GM the auto manufacturer? I've never heard of that. Anyone know any good places to maybe advertize them? Thanks, Eric
Frigidaire was a GM subsidiary from 1919 to 1979. As for what to do with them, if you google 'antique appliance collectors' a bunch of hits come up, here's one: http://www.antiquevintageappliances.com/ The problem will be finding someone close by who's interested, the cost of shipping those things any distance would be more than they're worth. You could try antique shops in your area, or simply put them on Craigslist.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Senior Chief

Default Used appliances

When I was a kid I worked for my uncle who had an appliance business. That deep freeze is around 21 cu. ft capacity. It will take 2 men and a boy (plus a fridge cart) to take that out of the basement. My back hurts just thinking about it, couldn't give it to me for taking it out of there. In my experience the only time anyone will even think about picking those appliances up is if they're out by the curb. Ed

Old 01-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fitzgerald View Post
When I was a kid I worked for my uncle who had an appliance business. That deep freeze is around 21 cu. ft capacity. It will take 2 men and a boy (plus a fridge cart) to take that out of the basement. My back hurts just thinking about it, couldn't give it to me for taking it out of there. In my experience the only time anyone will even think about picking those appliances up is if they're out by the curb. Ed
I worked at furniture and appliance store when I was in High school. I remember having to remove some of these old freezers from peoples home when out on deliveries, the thing is they where smaller then this one. Stuart, thanks for the link, I was thinking the same thing as far shipping goes.

Thanks, Eric

1969 GTO - 461, turbo 400, Continental 13", 3.08 gears. - 12.59 e.t. @ 108.43 mph, 1.898 60'

1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme- 461, turbo 350, PTC 3500 converter, 9" 3:50 gears. = 11.39 e.t. @ 117.55 mph, 1.599 60' on E85
Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That freezer is insulated with rockwool and will keep your stuff froze for a week in the summer if the power goes it. Find someone who know appliances and add a modern condenser too it and you will have a kickass freezer!

Shawn

"Don't let fatigue make a coward of you."
Old 01-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Must have bought the place off some old Ukrainians. They cook so much they require 2 kitchens. House my kid bought was set up like yours as well as the house across the street from me.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Senior Chief

Take some good pictures and post them up on craigslist. There are lots of people who will pay money for ALL of those appliances, even in this economy. Hell, most of them will probably move them out of your basement themselves.

I'm willing to bet these all function 100%. I pretty much trashed all of my newer appliances as they died (which didn't take too long at all) and replaced them with quality vintage units. The house is starting to look like the Smithsonian, lol. The stuff made today is pure garbage, and to top that off, the green police have put great restriction on the new stuff to the point that they don't perform worth a damn. I use an all original 1920's Maytag wringer to wash rags and my dirty/greasy work clothes. I use a 1960's Maytag washer/dryer for the regular clothes/household stuff. One repair (a belt) in over 40 years of use. New stuff doesn't even last 1/7 that long.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You have a basement? SO jealous!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I gaurantee you someone will want that stuff.
It should go without saying that if they want it, they come and get it.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool appliances! I'd definitely look into their value. There are a lot of folks that collect antique appliances. Heck, I'd buy 'em if I had a house to put them in.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If you werent so far away I would buy that washer. It would go well with the two ringers I have on my front porch. I would put it all on craigslist but that freezer isnt going to be easy to unload. I bet they all work.