Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 AM

Default late model gto wheels will they fit A body or firebird

I love the look of the new gto style wheel but will they fit my 66 gto or my 69 bird? I have an opportunity to purchase a set but Im sure someone has crossed this bridge before.

Thanks Hunter

Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The bolt pattern is slightly different (5x120mm vs 5x120.65mm). You will get different opinions on whether it's safe to "make" them fit.

Biggest problem is the backspacing is too deep for our cars - which means you will need spacers.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 PM

Thanks Champ probably will just pass for the gamble. Good info

Old 08-15-2011, 10:22 PM

judge for yourself. had to do minor grinding to the front hubs for a tight fit on my drums. rear hubs fit fine. spacing is a must!! the rub if i turn tight on front. i do have 1" spacers on order for it. pretty sure that should give me the final space i need. car is driveable the way it is, just need to be a little careful on turning. personally i like the stance my car has. i did get a decent deal on the rims and tires $300 plus owning a late model gto figured i wasn't out alot if i didn't like it. figured i could chrome them or just keep for spares. since this pic, i have lowered the front end about and inch and raised the back about 2. so i have a slight rake to the front now. sorry for the kinda crappy pic, but is the best i have of the car with these wheels on it.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:10 AM

the champs right ,those wheels are "metric" cause there off aussie made commodores and although there on and bolted down the studs will not be exactly central in the rim ,id be getting them off before a good pothole does it for you !

Old 08-29-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weevilkenevil View Post
the champs right ,those wheels are "metric" cause there off aussie made commodores and although there on and bolted down the studs will not be exactly central in the rim ,id be getting them off before a good pothole does it for you !
as much as i appreciate the concern, .325mm different per stud in minimal at best. i wouldn't be suprised to see that much difference in several wheels out there. if any thing, the back spacing is more of a concern to me than the bolt pattern. i'm not real fond of spacers even those that are hub centric. so as of right now, i just don't have full turn lock to lock. might be missing a half turn in either direction, so not to bad. but thanks for looking out for a classic pontiac.