Old 08-08-2011, 05:31 PM

Default 69 FB parts wanted

Hi....
Need a few parts for my FB, being in South Africa is always a problem when looking for parts.

I need rear cocktail shakers
Fan shroud
Fender louvers
camaro style trunk spoiler

If I can get power window regulators that'd be cool too.

I'm also willing to trade, I've got lots of spare parts since I've stripped two parts cars over the years.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:45 AM

Also looking for:

passenger fender & door
trunk lid
& wheelwell mouldings.

possibly even DS fender.

thanks

Old 08-23-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony69 View Post
Hi....
camaro style trunk spoiler.
Dont you dare!

"Buffy" 1969 Firebird vert (mine) Not a clean one owner. Born Carousel Red, 350 2bbl, A/T, P/S, P/B, A/C. Now, Primer gray. Will have a 400, 5 sp, P/S, P/B, A/C, Black with carousel red pin stripes.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:39 AM

okay

Old 08-23-2011, 10:25 AM

LOL...I will be starting a 69 firebird vert restoration in the spring, I will look for your advice on what parts are good and what is crap and what ever other advice or experiences that you would like to share.

"Buffy" 1969 Firebird vert (mine) Not a clean one owner. Born Carousel Red, 350 2bbl, A/T, P/S, P/B, A/C. Now, Primer gray. Will have a 400, 5 sp, P/S, P/B, A/C, Black with carousel red pin stripes.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat & Chicken Farmer View Post
LOL...I will be starting a 69 firebird vert restoration in the spring, I will look for your advice on what parts are good and what is crap and what ever other advice or experiences that you would like to share.
Pretty cool we've got the same car, id like to see pics of her. What color are you going for? I'm going steel blue metallic, maybe with a silver pearl or black pearl idk, not an original color but it's not a matching numbers car anyway.

One blunder of mine that comes to mind, the top frame, I was missing the pivot bolts & didn't know it. I used regular bolts instead & bent the frame. With the power top, it bent so, so easy. So I guess my advice would be, make sure the frame is moving freely by hand before you hook up the cylinders & motor.

btw...im still getting that spoiler, I think it really compliments the car.