Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 07-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Senior Chief

I bought a set similar to the e bay link you have there. They are made by Pro Comp in SOCAL. I had them checked at work and they came out looking good. I work in a power plant and they do welding in high pressure boilers.
I just changed the hardware on them, ball joints and any bolts that could be upgraded.
They also weight the same as the higher priced ones.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:21 PM

Thanks for the info guys! I'm gonna go ahead and buy these I think and give it a shot. I think from what everyone that has a set is saying they are a good product. I guess I'll find out for myself if I ever get this car back on the road!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A buddy of mine that has a 68 cutlass bought a set of these. He said he thought that the mfr. of these was CPP, Classic Performance Products

501 HP, 554 ft lbs TQ
12.14 ET @ 114 MPH , Supercase Muncie M22, 3:55
Suspension: HO Racing, BMR< Sykorat, and Bilsteins
Narrowed 12 bolt , 16x8 VintageWheel Works,
Comp T/As on street, MT Drag Radials @ Strip

http://www.sdperformance.com/custome...1.php?carID=42
Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Forget what i paid for my Speed tech setup, but I know that Frank from Prodigy Customs gave me a good deal on everything including the springs and the QA1's.

66 GTO Convertible. LS3-525 HP. Legend LGT700 5-speed, Wilwood 4-wheel disc brakes, Ridetech coil over front susp, PMT rear susp, Hotchkis bars, Billet Specialties 18" Dagger's (18X9 rear, 18X8 front).
2002 Ram Air WS.6 convertible Trans Am. Wife's car.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM

I got these in the mail today, just a few days for shipping and upon initial inspection they are very nice! Much heavier than I anticipated but all welds look great and everything appears up to par. I did purchase some moog upper ball joints and trw lowers to replace the ones that came with it as I really dont know where the ones in it came from.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Suspended

India or Korea is typical

Old 08-01-2011, 09:19 PM

I dont know, these look real bad compared to the american made ball joints I bought. Im still having trouble removing the lowers from the new arms. I guess ill have to take them somewhere to get them pressed out. I tried the block of wood BFH trick with no luck to speak of. Before I ruin the new arms ill just bite the bullet and take them to a press.