The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 06-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The nylon clips are similar to many of the ones on this page:

http://www.northlandfasteners.com/catalog/01gm.htm

1965 GTO Post Coupe, Burgundy w/Parchment, 467, Crower 60243, Rhoads V-Max, Ported 5C's, JB Roller Rockers, Original '66 Tripower, Dave's Small-body HEI, RA Exh Manifolds, 2.5" Exh X-pipe w/Super Turbo's and SS Splitters, Tremec TKO 600, 3.91 12-Bolt Posi w/bearing retainers, boxed frame, 4X Discs with hydro-boost, EPAS
Old 06-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Picture

Here's a picture of my car - not the best shot I admit.

Car is sans hood since there was a spot of filler that was cracking. Its now been repainted and I need to get over there and put it back on.
Also waiting on new GTO quarter emblem (broke one in two polishing it........).

Will take some more pics once its all back together. I'm working on insulating the floor next, then I'll put in the new carpet and the rest of the interior. IMO the X-pipe adds quite a bit of heat to the driveshaft tunnel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Repaint 1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	247983  

1965 GTO Post Coupe, Burgundy w/Parchment, 467, Crower 60243, Rhoads V-Max, Ported 5C's, JB Roller Rockers, Original '66 Tripower, Dave's Small-body HEI, RA Exh Manifolds, 2.5" Exh X-pipe w/Super Turbo's and SS Splitters, Tremec TKO 600, 3.91 12-Bolt Posi w/bearing retainers, boxed frame, 4X Discs with hydro-boost, EPAS
Old 06-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A couple of more pics............. taken while I waited for the carbs to clear from flooding.........or whatever - still trying to figure it out........97 degrees out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot 1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	248220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot 2.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	248221  

Old 06-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Car looks fantastic. One of my favorite colors on one of my favorite cars.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank Greg, it's been a long time getting here............... and I'm still not done putting it back together!

Lately I been thinking about making up a aluminum heat deflector to put over my X-pipe.
But I'm not sure there's enough clearance.

The driveshaft tunnel is just way too hot - its the bare floor right now but still..............

Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtonegto View Post
Thank Greg, it's been a long time getting here............... and I'm still not done putting it back together!

Lately I been thinking about making up a aluminum heat deflector to put over my X-pipe.
But I'm not sure there's enough clearance.

The driveshaft tunnel is just way too hot - its the bare floor right now but still..............
Car looks great. It might be easier to put header wrap on that x-pipe instead of fabbing up a heat shield.

Don

Old 06-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thats a good option Don, thanks.

I'm starting to wonder what affect this x-pipe heat is having on the Muncie. I notice its starting to weep at the tailshaft gasket and its only a few years since a full rebuild. I know Muncies are prone to weeping some but I'm betting this extra heat is not good for a "driver" car.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Senior Chief

If it aint one thing it's another. These old cars are like old houses, take down sheet rock and there you find bad wiring.
Keep plugging you are almost there. Can't wait to see it. The POCI cruise in is 7/16 at Chief's Wings and firewater. Perhaps that could be her maiden voyage.
Mike

Old 06-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Mike, didnt see that one on the cruise-in site:

http://upstatecarshows.webs.com/apps...r=2011&month=6

I know they have one over there every Thursday. Lots of stuff coming up................

I thought I'd see you over at Dickey's BBQ last Saturday.

Tone