Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Senior Chief

Default Mad Dog Headers For A 1969 GTO

I know there's been multiple discussions on what are the best performing d-port headers so I've since narrowed it down to a set of Mad Dog Headers for my 1969 GTO with KRE 310 D-Port Heads. Can anyone with a 1968-1969 GTO share any experience/thoughts regarding quality, fitment and etc? Will the inner wheelhousings need to be trimmed? Any issues with the starter or oil filter housing? Are these truly 2 inch primaries or do the start out smaller? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

GTO 1968-73 - Part #9151 - D-Port Heads.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 PM

I would also like to hear of anyone running these headers. I have been considering running Maddogs on my 68 GTO. I also would like to know how well they fit. I have had issues with header fit in the past and would like to never go down that road again.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have these headers for a 67. They are truly 2" and they use adapter plates on the heads to spread the bolt pattern. They bolt up easy and they sound really good and run even better. The fit is really good, only problem I have with them is the drivers side hangs a little low, but I am sure it is for starter clearance, because i have a mini starter and it will just come out of there with the headers on. 2" is tough to do on a-bodies but these work well. If I understand correctly, the 68s have the rear tube going through the inner fender and wrapping around the frame on both sides. Mine is just the driver side.