Old 02-17-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratman View Post
Mine is going on 9 years now, and white.
I use a cleaner (armor all type) from Meguires. I forget the name, as it's just a bunch of numbers. Gotta keep it on there....that way when something does get on there it will clean off...If you let them dry out, in a sense, you are looking for trouble.
Are the brackets repopped also?
Yes, a reproduction clip set is also available. It has everything needed - the long clips with attaching screws and the clips for the corner moldings.

1967 GTO 400 HO 4-Speed
1966 GTO 389 3x2 4-speed Tiger Gold
Old 02-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I was doing mine years ago, the clips were like gold...
Even a good and straight V molding was sooo hard to find.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just ordered a set of the clips/screws from Ames $22 and they had them in stock. I do have two VERY straight side pieces and one so so driver's side "V" if anyone is interested. These are OEM pieces.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

PM sent Joe.

Charles

Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here's a pic of mine, not a coupe. Like Rugratman said, when I did mine the clips and screws were very hard to find and expensive when they were found. Who repops the trim mouldings?

Last edited by Jason67; 02-27-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason67 View Post
Here's a pic of mine, not a coupe. Like Rugratman said, when I did mine the clips and screws were very hard to find and expensive when they were found. Who repops the trim mouldings?
WOW! Any more pics of this car? This is almost exactly what I have invisioned for our LeMans right down to the red fender well liners & white pinstripe! AWESOME car!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 AM

When I put the moulding's on my car, I used double sided automotive tape. I didn't want to put new holes in the car.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott mills View Post
When I put the moulding's on my car, I used double sided automotive tape. I didn't want to put new holes in the car.
HAve they held up ok? How long ago did you put them on the car? Don't the clips go on top of the vinyl? I would think they would have to so that the trim covers the vinyl. If so, I can't see the tape sticking to the vinyl as good as it would to the car itself...

Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you Joe, Just went out an took a couple pics of it. Be easy on me, its in hibernation Looks like I need to clean the lens on the camera too. Took a couple pics of the original rally 1s and Hurst wheels.

Last edited by Jason67; 02-27-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jason, are you up in Millinocket? Back in 1991 or 92 I saw a GTO the same color as yours, with the white vinyl top, when I was delivering to the Pontiac dealer there on Rt 11/157. It was just down the road from the dealship and was for sale. I'm wondering if it could be the same one. One of the guys new the car and owner and said it was for sale for 2500.00. Doubtful it is, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hi Gary, There's not much on the highway past Bangor is there I have some family in Houlton, make that trip visiting relatives or going "upta" camp. Not me, I've had mine since '88, bought it off a guy that welded at the shipyard in Portsmouth. Paid $1500 for the car and $250 for the original engine sitting on a pallet beside it. The car had very little rust, needed a talipanel, decklid, and rear bumper, all numbers matching. It had a 455 in it that wasn't running. I paid the money and towed it home. The positive battery wire had shorted to the manifold, put some electrical tape over it and fired it up! I know one of the reasons the guy was selling was because he couldn't get the car to start. I remember the first thing I bought for it was a tailpanel from year one for $100. When I got the panel, it was in a GM box and had the GM sticker on the panel. I bought a set of boxed lower control arms about a year later For $100 from year one that were NOS too. I remember thinking, man thats alot of money I lobstered all summer to pay off that car, and buy parts. I was a junior in high school.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Hi Gary, There's not much on the highway past Bangor is there I have some family in Houlton, make that trip visiting relatives or going "upta" camp. Not me, I've had mine since '88, bought it off a guy that welded at the shipyard in Portsmouth. Paid $1500 for the car and $250 for the original engine sitting on a pallet beside it. The car had very little rust, needed a talipanel, decklid, and rear bumper, all numbers matching. It had a 455 in it that wasn't running. I paid the money and towed it home. The positive battery wire had shorted to the manifold, put some electrical tape over it and fired it up! I know one of the reasons the guy was selling was because he couldn't get the car to start. I remember the first thing I bought for it was a tailpanel from year one for $100. When I got the panel, it was in a GM box and had the GM sticker on the panel. I bought a set of boxed lower control arms about a year later For $100 from year one that were NOS too. I remember thinking, man thats alot of money I lobstered all summer to pay off that car, and buy parts. I was a junior in high school.
Jason,

My Mom's entire family is from Easton, ME. Are you familiar with that area? She still has several of her family members up there. At one time her family was quite known in the area as she is one of 13 kids and everyone knew them all!

Joe

Old 02-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hi Joe, My father-in law is from Caribou. I'm familiar with the area but have not been to Easton. 13 kids, holly cow! The potato farmers up there in "the county" had the best cars around when they'd cash in the crops. Small world isn't it? I was on a training ship called The State of Maine and went to St. Petersburg Russia for a training cruise. There was a cruise ship at the dock when we were getting tied up, and a woman came running over to the ship yelling, "I can't believe you're here, I'm from Bath (Maine)"

Old 02-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Hi Joe, My father-in law is from Caribou. I'm familiar with the area but have not been to Easton. 13 kids, holly cow! The potato farmers up there in "the county" had the best cars around when they'd cash in the crops. Small world isn't it? I was on a training ship called The State of Maine and went to St. Petersburg Russia for a training cruise. There was a cruise ship at the dock when we were getting tied up, and a woman came running over to the ship yelling, "I can't believe you're here, I'm from Bath (Maine)"
Too funny. Small world. Yeah my Mom's parents had 12 kids, then there was a cousin in the family who was retarded and no one else would take him in so he became number 13! LOL

Anyway, your car is just AMAZING! It's the exact look I am after. Especially the white top and white pinstripe, absolutely LOVE IT! Then the red fender well liners, oh man, just puts it over the top for me....

Old 02-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Heck, everything north of Bangor is potato farms and moose. With an occasional junk pile of used Air Force stuff thrown in. I call the northern part of Maine the 'Outback of New England'. LOL

Tho I do miss Dysart's Truckstop just west outside of Bangor. Great food!

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 02-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Joe, you have some big family events I bet. Thank you about the car. Been working so much on the Judge, I haven't hand much time to look at it. Just finished a garage for working on the Judge. Gave me a good excuse this morning to uncover the 67 and the vette and see them again.

Gary, Dysarts does have some good food, haven't been there in a loooong time though. Just saw a special on the news about it, they have a website! They're closing Brunswick Naval Air Station this year, so there isn't going to be any more bases around. Loring has been closed since 94. Outback of New England, I like that

Old 02-19-2011, 04:19 AM

Interesting that you put redlines on the Hursts and white letters on the Ralley Is and not the other way 'round.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 LeMans 326 View Post
HAve they held up ok? How long ago did you put them on the car? Don't the clips go on top of the vinyl? I would think they would have to so that the trim covers the vinyl. If so, I can't see the tape sticking to the vinyl as good as it would to the car itself...
I didn't put the vinyl top back on, I went with paint instead. They have been on for 2 years now, with no signs of detachment.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

gtosforever, sometimes I just can't make up my mind on which tire and wheel to have, thats why I have so many

Old 02-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
gtosforever, sometimes I just can't make up my mind on which tire and wheel to have, thats why I have so many
Up there in Maine you need so many set up to swap em out because of the weather. LOL

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"