Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It would suck even more getting the phs back and finding out Judge decals were added along with the RA IV decal.

Even if the factory made a mistake and put RA IV decals on a RA III car it's not correct and will never be. It's not going to add anything to the car except having to defend it everytime someone points it out to the owner. Once the PHS is in you know what should be on the car. At least that sounds like what the owner wants to do.

Post up some of those pictures, vintage before and after pict are cool

Old 11-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Senior Chief

PHS come in yet?

I'd like to see what it reveals.

'06 GTO, '68 LeMans project, bikes, etc.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Several years ago, I was following up a lead on a 70 Ram IV Judge 4-spd. I was told the owner had the original paperwork from the dealer, and the original motor was out of the car, but all there.

The car was a little on the rough side, but it was clearly a very faded original paint job and had Ram IV decals on the hood. I got excited, but that ended quickly. The scoops were blocked, there was no Ram Air pull cable under the dash, but the car had a Judge glove box emblem and appeared mostly original.

When I looked at the engine, I found a WT coded block with 12 heads. I told the owner that the motor wasn't a Ram IV. He went inside to get the paperwork, which showed a "Dealer Installed Judge Option" priced at several hundred dollars. It appears the dealer took a stock GTO, slapped Ram IV emblems on the hood, added a deck lid spoiler, Judge stripes and emblems, and sold it as a real Judge. I tried to explain to the owner what a PHS was, and recommended he order PHS on his car.

He was convinced he owned a Ram IV Judge, so arguing wasn't worth the effort. The car was little more than a parts car due to the amount of body work required, so I thanked him and left.

Mike

Old 11-14-2010, 12:16 PM

Default Engine numbers

I am not a Judge expert, but I was reading through this thread and saw the block casting number had been posted. It was shown to be an RA IV block 9799915. An earlier poster offered the opinion that someone may have swapped the top end for a RAIII. Maybe that did happen while in the body shop.

But the WS code mentioned sorta negates that....

Although I had a 9799915 4 bolt main block that had date matching 64 heads and was stamped XF, which should have been a 455 with those heads. Clearly that was a screwup at the factory.

Hope it gets figured out.

Bill

An all Pontiac T/A lookalike and a work in process. 99% done

Bill Jacobs