Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 10-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Brakes won't bleed

I have replaced my proportioning valve and I'm having trouble bleeding the brakes.
I started at the right rear and got a little fluid, then nothing. Moved to the left rear and nothing. Moved to the front right and got plenty of fluid. Then left front, more fluid, then nothing. Now I get nothing in the back no mater what. Is the cylinder in the proportioning valve shifted cutting off the flow to the rear? I guess that I do not understand the proportioing valve.
I remember having trouble bleeding rears before and I ended up just gravity bleeding them by just leaving the valve open just to see what would happen. Why is this?

Old 10-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Brake debugging can be a real pain. What kind of brake system do you have- discs or drums and is the system stock or upgraded? Did you replace anything else other than the proportioning valve? How did the brakes work before?

"The best way to show a car is to drive it"
Old 10-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Replace the rubber hose in the rear and let us know the results. Sounds like it's collapsed.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontGuy View Post
Brake debugging can be a real pain. What kind of brake system do you have- discs or drums and is the system stock or upgraded? Did you replace anything else other than the proportioning valve? How did the brakes work before?
front discs rear drums. just the proportioning valve. It started leaking. Brakes worked great before the valve leak.

I'll check the hoses...

Old 10-17-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Replace the rubber hose in the rear and let us know the results. Sounds like it's collapsed.
I concur. ^^^^

Old 10-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Combination valve shifted and blocked off the rear brakes. Thanks for the input.