Old 09-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Senior Chief

Default 15x8 Rally II Wheel Vintiques on '70-'72 GTO's

I recently bought 15x8 Rally II's from Summit for my '70 using 295-50 tires. I had 15x10's with the same tires and they would sometimes touch the inner wheelwell lip/molding hitting bumps or with extra weight (people). I had glued rubber weatherstripping toedge of the inside wheelwell lips on both sides to prevent any tire damage, but still found it annoying that they would rub now and then. The 15x10's had 5" backspacing and the 15x8's have 4.5". This equates to 1.5" more clearance at the outer wheelwell lip with the 8's. The 15x8's also look better to me on the car as the spokes don't appear as "sunken" as with the 10's. Wheel Vintiques must have changed the paint over the years from grayish silver to more silver as these new ones match my stock rally II's on the front much better. If you are like me and want larger than stock tires and wheels out back, these fit and look great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15x8 9-11-10b.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	218902  

Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 AM
Senior Chief

I agree... very nice, I think that size looks perfect on the '68-'72 A-body cars. Which is why I went with Wheel Specialties 15 X 8 Chrome RII's on my car (15 X 7 on the front).

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 09-19-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal70lemans View Post
I agree... very nice, I think that size looks perfect on the '68-'72 A-body cars. Which is why I went with Wheel Specialties 15 X 8 Chrome RII's on my car (15 X 7 on the front).

Scott
Scott, your car always looks great. I saved one of your pics and its on my screensaver rotation.
Mike

www.fquick.com/mikecio1
http://www.facebook.com/MikeCio1
Old 09-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCio1 View Post
Scott, your car always looks great. I saved one of your pics and its on my screensaver rotation.
Mike

Thanks Mike... always nice to know that someone else likes/appreciates your car.

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT