THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:39 AM

Default 1967 Firebird Convertible advice needed

Need some advice. After trying to restore a 67 Firebird Convertible for many years, I gave up and bought a restored 68 HO convertible. I now have a shell of a 67 Convertible that I'm not sure what to do with. I'm leaning toward parting it out, as I have many thousands of dollars in parts, but I'd hate to see the car itself get scrapped. Do you think theres any interest out there in basically a shell of a car (that needs floors and trunk) or should I part the thing out? Ive got 3 NOS fenders, a 400 hood, 6 doors, 3 sets of Ralley wheels, a 400 stroked engine built by Ron Rocci, etc, etc

Old 07-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

send me some pictures. kip@kalblue.com

1966 GTO Hardtop - PS 14.84 @ 97mph
Old 07-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Try and sell it as a package, but also offer it with or without engine. You'll still probably only get pennies on the dollar though. Parting is a PITA but would net you more.
Personally, now that you have a nice driver I'd continue to work on it as a hobby project to build however you like.
It's much easier to keep interest in a long term project when you have another car to enjoy the hobby with.

Just curious, why do you have a completed built engine already when the car still needs major work?
Not another case of engine first I hope?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have seen people look for "shells" on FGF`s site

http://FirstGenFirebird.org/show/closeup.mv?CarID=221

breathe and enjoy it , life is temporary

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM

Sell it as a pkg. Vert birds are fairly desirable or at least they are to the people trying to get me to come off of mine.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you can stand the aggravation of parting it out you will make more that way.
That said,PM me a list of what you have,Im always looking for good stuff with 2 cars to restore.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to inventory everything Ive got and try to sell it as a package. I hadnt planned on buying the engine until much later, but got a deal from a guy who was going through a divorce.

If I cant sell it as a package within a reasonable time, I'll probably part it out.

Last edited by birdman67; 07-21-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: changes
Old 07-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would rather see one on the road than parts on ebay. So pass it on if you can.