Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 07-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Pan Evacuation question

Just got a set of Doug's headers for my race car. Before I install them, I need to install a evacuation pipe in the collector. I hate to drill a hole or weld on the headers as they are coated. Will the evacuation pipe still work if I install it on the reducer? I plan to have it swedged to the 3.5 diameter of the collector if the evacuation effect would still work that far back from the tubes. Also, has anyone run a race type muffler with a pan evacuation system installed?

Old 07-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I run the header evacs on our race car. We put the evacs in the header pipe and don't use a reducer and used 3.5 pipe. We weren't gonna cut up a $500 set of coated headers. We use the 5 inch bullet race mufflers, also. Dynomax, I think. Works just fine.