Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Senior Chief

Default 64 65 66 67 CONSOLE PARTS WANTED

I'm looking for '64-'67 GTO or Lemans console parts - any 4 speed, 2 speed Automatic, or Dual Gate. I have a few bases I want to try and make complete consoles out of. I need mostly the top plates, glove box lids, and shifter bezels, but I'll consider all parts. Chrome should be in good driver condition - I know they're all going to have some pitting. Woodgrain on '67 's doesn't have to be good - I can replace that - but hopefully the metal backing plates are there. Let me know what you have.

Reply to post here or send information, prices, and pictures to terryhaut@mchsi.com.

Thanks, Terry

Old 07-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Please see the "project" console I've got listed in this thread:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...hlight=console

Description: 1965-66 console #3 is a project. Chrome is decent, but it has been cut for an oil pressure gauge. I have a vintage SW gauge and it works and actually looks kinda neat. I started to paint this to use in a '64, but changed my mind and I will wait for the real thing. Has a chip out of the chrome around the shifter bulge. This one didn't come with a base, so I picked up an auto console base which needs to be cut. I can do this prior to sale if buyer wants. $350.

1962 Grand Prix - Cameo Ivory|389 4sp|One-Owner Survivor
1964 GTO HT - Silvermist Grey|389 3x2s 4spd|A/C|Hurst Wheels|Frame-off|SOLD
1965 GTO Post - Mayfair Maize|421 3x2s TKO600|Pro-Touring|
1966 GTO HT - Barrier Blue|389 3x2s 4spd|Red Fenderliners
2005 GTO Coupe - Yellow Jacket|Magnacharged LS2 6sp|543hp/561tq|SOLD
2006 GTO Coupe - Spice Red|LS2 6sp|20k orig miles
Old 07-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a very nice 67 Dual Gate automatic console available, it is very nice and the chrome is way better than driver quality.

Tim john---

Old 07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Senior Chief

Default mwritter

Matt,

I saw your post for this before. I thought about it, but I want to stay with an unmodified top plate. Thanks for the reply.

Terry

Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Senior Chief

Default Tim john

Tim,

I just bought a real nice dual gate, but I'd look at another one. PM or email me a picture or two if you have any. Is it complete? How much are you asking for it?

Thanks, Terry

Old 07-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Terry, Send me your email address and I can provide you with photos.. PM would probably be best for I may forget to check this link. Console is very complete and is exceptional for an original, very nice.

Tim john---

Old 07-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Senior Chief

Tim, PM sent.

Guys & Gals, I'm still looking for some parts. I need a 64-66 4 speed top plate and glove box lid housing most of all. Anybody have one or two?

Thanks, Terry

Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 AM

Default 65 gto console part needed

Looking for the knob (one of two) that comes up thru the rear of the base. It is attached by a hex cap nut that holds the courtesy lamp bracket in place. Its the very small (1/4 in) knob (same grain as base) that comes up thru a hole on each side of the top rear of the base. Thanks Jon

Old 06-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Terry I have the glove box lid housing,but,like almost all of them,the mounting piece for the screws is broken,it needs a repair kit. Larry B.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Senior Chief

Jon,

It sounds like you need the pin (that's what I call it) that is part of the rear pot metal housing section that has been broken off.

If that is the piece you need, I can probably help you out. There actually is a small shoulder at the base of the pin that was molded to the hinge plate area. Is your pin broke off at the plate area or above the shoulder area?

Let me know and I should be able to get you one.

Terry

Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Senior Chief

Hi Larry,

Do you have a pic you could send me? I just love fixing those hinge plate areas! LOL!!!

Send to terryhaut@mchsi.com.

Thanks, Terry

Old 06-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Will do,Terry. Actually,I may sell my whole console,complete. I will forward that picture(s),but haven't decided if I am actually going to sell it as of today. Larry B.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Senior Chief

Sounds good Larry. Whenever you get to it - no hurry on my part. I just started a pretty big project that is going to keep me real busy for quite a while.

Thanks! Terry