Old 06-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That's cool & must be a great feeling! I can tell you from a kids perspective when my Dad used to take me for a ride in his 70, I thought it was the greatest day on Earth. Believe me, your kids are, do, & will appreciate it for years to come. Why do you think I now have 5...

73 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white - "STOLEN" AT TERRY SPEAR's SHOP IN Columbia TN ~mid 2014
Last offical pic of the car can been seen here:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/pontiactn/...%20-%20rev.pdf
People have seen it posted FS on Craigs List back in late 2013 early 2014....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT IT PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to Formulafr Send a message via AIM to Formulafr Send a message via Yahoo to Formulafr Send a message via Skype™ to Formulafr

is there an issu for tall person? i wonder if 4th gen seats are higher than gen2?

actually i have recaro but i want to replace them by 4th gen ones.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Senior Chief

think not, i believe (though from merely a photo-visual comparison) that 4th gen seats have lower 'sitting' height, in other words, your bums will be closer to the floor, so i do not think taller people will have any negative benefit from a 4th gen seat.

besides, since the 4th gen seats are in many variables adjustable, so you won't have to sit in a '90 degree' angle anymore

Old 02-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to Formulafr Send a message via AIM to Formulafr Send a message via Yahoo to Formulafr Send a message via Skype™ to Formulafr

someone told there is differences between europen and us firebird seats, is it true?

Old 02-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Senior Chief

you mean regarding the 4th gen seats?

I actually do not know, but what i do know is that the leather seats are rare in europe, it's almost 90% fabric, though that might be the result in 90% of any firebird/transam (4th gen) actually being the V6 versions.

there are some differences in euro-spec f-body's versus the original-spec f-body's due to various safety and emission standards/regulations. i however doubt that seats would be a part of that.

it is very common though to find misplaced or wrong seats in american cars here in europe, mainly due to the lack of parts and the different use of craftmanship. F.E. actually finding an firebird with the correct seats in it, is almost impossible. i think 7 out of 10 times at least you might either find camaro seats, or seats from a different year in an advertised/owned car. mainly due to the fact that there are many people who are either not willing to or do not have the finances to import the right seat from the US or to have it correctly refurbished/upholstered, so replacing it with an available similar piece is quite common.

anyway, if your qustion would be regarding 2nd gen euro-f-body's, like mentioned there have been built in brussels and zwitserland iirc, i actually do not know IF there are differences, but one might keep in mind that f.e. seat belt safety regulations were in the day different (and might still be) compared to the US. so it might be in order to meet eu-safety standards there had to be modifications/differences to the US-built ones, however i'm still not convinced the actual seats would have any involvement with that.

so i'm gonna go and say: no, there are no differences between euro-and US seat versions.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Suspended

i was talking about 4th gen, of course. the differences should be in the support head (safety equipement).

anyway, not easy to find some here.

thanks