Old 01-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to MOJO Catalina

Ok, regarding that Catalina 4dr Vista...

I bought a '60 Ventura vista for $100 from a junk yard in Key West Florida that was the exact opposite. Good drivetrain but rusted sheet metal.

If everything else is pretty much there on yours the engine/trans situation for that car will be easy to handle. I'm sure Steve has a drop in for you or can coach you on getting the original block rolling again. I think he rebuilds hydramatics, too.

I bought mine because there were receipts in the glovebox showing lots of major work 2000 miles before it was junked due to rustout. Rebuilt engine and trans, dual exhaust, fan shroud, Bonneville 4 barrel manifold and carb, PS, PB, 2spd wiper/washer, full set of dent free mouldings and many other great parts. Definately worth the trip.

What color is the inside of your car?
Is all the glass good?

I'll dig up the photo and video file of "Ramona" soon and share it with you.
I ended up chopping the top off and making a parade car.
No door or body sag due to X frame contruction.

Never had it in a parade but I did drive it around the neighborhood (to the horror of my neighbors and brother who works for the DMV) and then to the junk yard...
The Chinese guys at the junk yard wouldn't take it so I coaxed a neighbor into letting me use their barn to store it for a few months, which has turned into more than a year now... Nice old folks. They are actually entertained by my shinannigans...

Anyway, keep us posted on the project if you're still out there.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:07 AM

Thank you all for any help you provided here. Honestly, anything is helpful at the moment. Haven't been able to get on in awhile, my computer decided to die on me and i just had the time to fix it.