Old 11-30-2009, 11:31 PM

Default 70 GTO 455 YA block?

Anyone know where one of these might be laying around? Just helping someone find one. Thanks.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hard to find.

I had accumulated a half a dozen at one time, bare or mostly complete. The YC was the earlier code before they switched to YA possibly at Fremont CA plant, I dont remember the details. Late 69 switch.

For some reason I see more of those lately (last few years)

When I was running my WANTED ads on here looking to buy these, there is a member who has a LARGE collection of 455's and other blocks.

He doesnt post at all but sent me a PM and email.

I cant think of his member name at the moment, but it may come to me. I will check home computer to see if I have his email.

He has ALOT of the YA, YC and WA 455s for 70 GTO. He was saving for retirement...no kidding.

At the time they were bringing $4-5K for a complete YA YC WA with 64 heads and RA Carb. Some had Ram Air on the GTO, or HD AIR INDUCTION I think it was called.

He would not sell any at the time, but this was years ago and since prices are down so bad he may have reconsidered.

Maybe he will read this. He had over 100 blocks.

I will look around for you.

Jeff

Old 12-01-2009, 09:52 PM

Hey Jeff, I think you got that backwards. They made the YA blocks first and then switched to the YC blocks. I have 3 YA blocks and all are dated H--9.

Keith

Old 12-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Youre right Keith....got them reversed...

Mine is Dec YA as well.

MIRKs looking for one! $$$

BTY....You dont have a set of 70 Hood hinges for sale by chance? Need for them to be off a 70 for resto.

PM if so.....

Thanks!
Jeff

Old 12-05-2009, 12:51 AM

Thank you for the very accurate and detailed information. I am always amazed when I come to these forums. Amazed at what information you guys know. All of this stuff is a knowledge that is fading away with time. In 50 years what knowledge will be left?

Old 12-05-2009, 01:04 AM

Default 455YA

Have a complete carb to pan YA. Not willing to seperate. $3800.