Old 11-12-2009, 02:54 AM

Question TA help please

Hello !!
I am parting out my 74 TA, and run into a couple of snags. If anyone could steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

(1) I'm removing the door panels. The drivers side came off as it should. The pass. side is hung up on the top retainers along the window. I have the window down currently, and can not convince it to release. The panels are in excellent shape and I don't want to wreck it getting it off.

(2) the rear wheel arch spoilers. I have the rears removed, but am having trouble with the front ones on the rear arch. I took the top screw out, and the two on the bottom of the quarter panel. There must be a clip or something that is still retaining them.

I have almost everything else removed from the car, and can not get these two relatively simple items. Any help would be appreciated.
THANKS
Kindest Regards
Brian

Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Carefully (GENTLY) tap on the top of the door panel just before it curves toward the window,while lifting up on it at the same time.

Work on the areas that are on top of the retainars.

Rear Spoilers

Remove the plastic grills in the door jambs (above latch strike) & look in the hole.

You will find two 7/16" hexnuts (usually rusty) that need to be removed,but don't torque on them very hard as you will break the mounting stud on the spoiler. (I'd hit them a few times with the PB Blaster before the wrench)

Last edited by 2manyT/A'S; 11-12-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:41 AM

Thanks for the reply !!
I have tried that on the door panels, as that is how the drivers side came off. I will give it another try, and see what happens. I should have thought to look in there on the door jams. Brain Fart I suppose. Any other ideas on the door panel if the above doesn't work ?

Thanks Again !!
Kindest Regards
Brian