Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Zipbar

his bids are false look at bid history bids are seconds and minutes apart and all hidden secret bidders so far

Old 10-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Senior Chief

If anyone lives close to Perkasie Pen. maybe go look at car and ask some interesting questions ??????

Old 10-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pretty low that he's holding your ebay feedback hostage. He'll likely leave you a negative feedback if he keeps getting grilled about the quick resell & his tall tales about only wanting 1/2 of his investment back.

It's a lame excuse that he couldn't apologize for ripping you after the sale because he "lost" your # even though your contact info with ebay was readily available.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Senior Chief

maybe we saved some PY member from being ripped off by this post, i feel bad for the car it really is a nice clone

Old 10-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Someone asked him what the engine block code was and he has the answer posted on the auction: The letter code is 6X.
I've heard of 6X heads, but is that also an engine code, or is he not very bright? (well, I guess we know he is not very bright already, lol)

That Joan Jett song on his ad is about annoying.

Seeking recovery of my stolen 1988 Buick LeSabre T-type. Primary summer driver & Road Trip car.
Garnet Red with 2007 PENDOT inspection stickers on windshield. Had minor damage to left rear quarter & bumper. Last three of VIN: 301
Could be being driven with altered VIN.
Bodywork on left rear quarter (near the tail light) would be a tip-off.
Last seen by a patrol officer doing a routine plate check in Gary, Indiana, August 31, 2009
(The thieves were driving, but my plate was clean.)
Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Was that car a good deal at $8300? It looks like it was worth a bit more...

Old 10-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Senior Chief

I think it was worth alot more but i needed the money for a bass boat I dont care if he makes money on the car but why lie about how he got it ?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

this guy is obviously a liar. so, if he paid you $8,300 for the car, i wonder what he told the DMV he paid when it came to taxes? wonder how that would compare to the $32k figure he's claiming to have paid in the ad?

PA have a whistleblower program for taxes?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:23 PM

Yea, its a nice car, and its BS that he lies about the previous sale, especially since, from what I see, he got a pretty good deal on his purchase. BSing about what he paid for it is bad enough, but when he includes stuff like "When I purchased this car, I purchased it from a gentleman in California (solid) who expressed to me the vehicle was a true Trans Am and was also a true 455. Nothing ever made me doubt this seller" and "I figure since someone took advantage of me does not mean I need to do the same so" can come back to hurt Zipbar on future Ebay sales. I know when I buy something, I research all the transactions all of the seller and everything I can, and this ad would come up and wouldn't look good if I was purchasing something from Zipbar, even though Zipbars ad was clear about the car, I was hoping he'd take that out of after my email to him.
He didn't need to put all that in there to sell the car.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:04 PM

YEAH ZIPBAR, BUT i DID READ YOUR AUCTION TOO AND IT REALLY DOESN'T STATE WHAT ENGINE YOU HAVE IN THE CAR, IT CLEARLY SHOWS 455 EMBLEMS BUT NO ENGINE SIZE OR SPECS, THAT SEEMS KIND OF STRANGE BECAUSE YOU DESCRIBED AN M21 TRANS AND A POSI-REAR. MAYBEE THIS GUY MEANT TO SAY THAT HE THOUGHT IT WAS A 455 WHEN INDEED IT'S A 400. THE GUY WHO LISTED IT FOR YOUR BUYER PROBABLY MISUNDERSTOOD AND WROTE IT THAT WAY. OBVIOUSLY, THIS GUY HAS SOMEONE DOING THE ADD FOR HIM. MAKES SENSE TO ME THAT HE THINKS CLONE MEANING HE THOUGHT IT WAS A REAL 455 AND IT'S NOT IT'S A 400. WHEN YOU DO YOUR EBAY AD'S YOU SHOULD BE MORE DESCRIPTIVE, OR WERE YOU TRYING TO BE A LITTLE SNEAKY. MAYBEE YOU FEEL BAD BECAUSE HE GOT MORE MONEY FOR THE CAR THAN YOU DID. I ALSO READ HIS AUCTION AND IT STATE'S TAKE A LOSS, THAT'S WHY THE AUCTION STARTED AT $4000 NO RESERVE, HE DOES STATE HE WOULD LIKE $16,000 OR BEST OFFER,BUT HE INDEED STARTED THE AUCTION AT $4000 NO RESERVE, SO IF SOMEONE BID $4000 AND THE AUCTION ENDED, THE CAR WOULD BE SOLD FOR 1/2 PRICE. WHICH IF YOU SOLD THE CAR FOR $8300 IT MAKES SENSE. I THINK THE GUY LISTING IT FOR HIM MUST HAVE WORDED IT WRONG... BUT, A LONG STORY SHORT, ZIPBAR, YOU WANTED A BASS BOAT AND DECIDED TO LET YOUR CAR GO FOR LESS AND YOUR PROBABLY UPSET, BUT IT MUST MAKE U FEEL GOOD AT LEAST BECAUSE IF THIS GUY BOUGHT THE CAR FROM YOU AT LEAST YOU MUST HAVE GOTTEN WHAT YOU WANTED, YOUR MONEY AND YOUR BOAT. ENJOY GUYS, PS I DID SEE HIS FEEDBACK AND HE IS A 100% RATING WITH GREAT FEEDBACK SO IT DOESN'T SOUND FISHY....

Old 10-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Senior Chief

Great imput I hope he reads this and learns something I also hope he does not use my feedback as a tool. I did everything I said i would on this sale. It is a great car and i wish him all the luck in the world with it. I hope he can make a few honest $ with it.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the heads up, I notified ebay that he has fraudulently relisted the mileage as 36k miles instead of the 100k you listed.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks everyone the add has closed i will let this thread die so we can all move on

Old 10-28-2009, 11:34 PM

He has a disclosure that car is over 20 years old and title is miles exempt. so I dont think milage matters

Old 10-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Senior Chief

I spoke to seller on the phone he said that a twenty year old kid wrote the add on E-Bay and had a missunderstanding on the clone disclosure story. The seller had the add pulled when he found out about the mistakes. He said he was sorry about the confusion.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
So, how is it that this guy is selling the same car for $4K more than you did, using the same sales venue?

Asking price and selling price are two different things....looks like no one even bid on his e-Bay listing, had a $15K buy it now price.

Mark Twain