Old 10-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay's70Lemans View Post
This is the carb I'm thinking about...

http://www.holley.com/0-80555C.asp
You also might want to send a PM to PY member Jeff Walker and get a quote from him to build a Q-jet for your car. He did a great job on mine and I didn't spend too much more for it than you would pay for that Holley, not that I know of any reason not to go with the Holley carb. ()

If you are looking for an original style dual-snorkel air cleaner assembly I got mine from the The Parts Place, it's a pretty nice piece for a reproduction part.

The intake swap is a good time to do some detail work to the engine compartment; you can buy some rattle cans of Dupli-color DE1616 (Pontiac metallic blue), Argent silver and semi-gloss black to pretty things up a bit. I wasn't looking to make it show car perfect, but (IMO) my engine compartment looks presentable on the rare occasions that I open the hood. I also swapped to the chrome valve covers because I think they look better than the painted ones (looks nice with the chrome lid on the air cleaner, too).

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 10-16-2009, 09:16 PM

I just got back from picking up the Lemans from the shop! Got to hear it run and drive it for the first time. It runs smooth, shifts smooth, stops good, I'm very happy with it in it's current state. The windows roll up and down like "butta", waaaaay better than any old car I've owned. I can't wait to get it clean and shiny, to see it's real beauty. Now I can start a list of stuff that it needs, which will be a real short list. The trunk weather strip is shot, it recently rained like a son of a gun. The trunk mat was wet, but not too bad. I've got the trunk open airing it out right now. But man it feels good to have it up and running!

Old 10-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Senior Chief

Don't forget to post some pics of the old girl after she's had her bath.

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT