Old 08-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Interior help needed please

1970 GTO:

-Is there a trim piece inside the rear glass across the bottom? This would lay just on top of the package tray and between the corner pieces. I can't remember what mine had and suspect the metal was simply painted black. Mine is now body colored (white) and will need to be painted if there is not a trim piece.

-Location of front seat shoulder harness mounts along the side of the roof. This is the location of the rectangular-ish mount with (2) 5/16" bolts mounting the belt. Can someone please measure from any reference point along this edge of the roof where the headliner attaches. Somehow in the move I misplaced my reference notes for this detail.

Thanks a lot, Matt

Old 08-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78 GHOST View Post
1970 GTO:

-Is there a trim piece inside the rear glass across the bottom? This would lay just on top of the package tray and between the corner pieces. I can't remember what mine had and suspect the metal was simply painted black. Mine is now body colored (white) and will need to be painted if there is not a trim piece.
Matt,
You are correct, there is not a trim piece at that location. For your black interior car, that metal piece will need to be resprayed in black.

Are you not at Niftee50ees tonight?

Old 08-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess the interior won't be done for a while then.

My wife was napping and I had baby duty, so we might swing by in a bit but the car is gonna stay home for another week or two. I'm trying to wrap up the annoying little things that I've been unable to work on for a while.

Next week I'm gonna map out the bits I need to get to finish up the A/C. Once that is done and the dash is recovered, it's gonna be all done.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great, can't wait to see the finished car. If you do not get any replys on the placement of your shoulder harness mounts, please let me know. I can always go and measure off of my old '70 GTO that I sold to Joe P.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the replies, your name is John C. isn't it?

I forgot I still have to deal with the exhaust system.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Still need this please:

Location of front seat shoulder harness mounts along the side of the roof. This is the location of the rectangular-ish mount with (2) 5/16" bolts mounting the belt. Can someone please measure from any reference point along this edge of the roof where the headliner attaches. Somehow in the move I misplaced my reference notes for this detail.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78 GHOST View Post
Still need this please:

Location of front seat shoulder harness mounts along the side of the roof. This is the location of the rectangular-ish mount with (2) 5/16" bolts mounting the belt. Can someone please measure from any reference point along this edge of the roof where the headliner attaches. Somehow in the move I misplaced my reference notes for this detail.
I gave it a shot - the easiest "land mark" I could measure from was the belt clip, appears to be about 19" - center to center. If that's not helpful, I can try something else.

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 08-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott, that ROCKS! Thanks man, at least I have an idea of where to go fishing for the holes. Pictures are worth a million words, it looks like the anchors are a touch higher than the other hangars. Thanks again.

Got the lower rear portion of the rear glass surround painted, sunvisor, rear view, and some belt hangars installed. RobbMc starter finalized, moving right along..

..about time for a problem to crop up!

Old 08-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Senior Chief

You're welcome.

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT