Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Strange Mitsubishi DLP problem

The volume goes to max by itself as soon as the set is turned on. You can't lower the volume with the remote, but you can with the front panel. I removed the batteries from the remotes as well.

A few months back we had an issue with volume control as well. It couldn't be changed by any control. I don't know what happened but it started working again about a week- ten days later.

I read somewhere, but can no longer find it, there is a way to disconnect the front panel controls and the problems may disappear. I'm ok with that, I only use the remote anyway.

I'm open to most suggestions.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Right and wrong doesn't need facts all the time.
-Lighthouseman ("lawyer")

Starnes Performance Automatics
www.Starnesperformance.com
Old 02-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

cant help but an alternative is removing the sound from the tv and using surround sound for audio

Old 02-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
cant help but an alternative is removing the sound from the tv and using surround sound for audio

That's what I'm doing for now. I can disconnect the internal speakers, but the remote still won't work.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Old 02-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

FYI, search the net for problems with Mitsubishi DLP TV's. I have one too...it's a piece of schiese. My 35" Mitsubishi tube is 9 years older and is still great. Mitsubishi will help out after repeated complaints. Good luck!

'73 Ventura, Spotts 462 roller
10.785 @ 122.79, 1.507 60 ft
2850 lbs. plus driver, 3150 race weight

'69 Firebird Convertible, Spotts 455 with long branches
12.561 @ 107.62, best on old 455
4290 race weight

'72 Formula 455 HO
numbers matching auto, work in progress!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Once again, it fixed itself. It acted like the volume up button was stuck, but suddenly it works fine. I'll live with it for a few more years, since the picture is awesome.

I recommend no one buys a 65"+ DLP. The other tv's in your house immediately shrink up, look tiny and cheap.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 PM

Does your model show the volumn level in the screen?
Does it increase, like if you where holding the button or does it go full instantly?

If it's like holding the button, the switchs do become intermitten. Depending on your model the remote sensor maybe on the same circuit board as the switchs. If it is, you can't unhook the cable. Call Mitsubishi and get a copy of the service manual. This will show you how to get to the switchs. Remove the vol up switch.

If the remote sensor is in a different location, look in the TV and find the cable that runs to the small circuit board containing the switchs and disconnect it.