Old 01-30-2009, 05:08 PM

Question 66 YJ 421 LONG BLOCK....

I have a 66 421 YJ long block and if memory serves me it has an Arma Steel crank (I also have a spare) and was wondering if anyone knows what a fair price for it would be provided it checks out to be in good condition... I'm debating weather or not to part with it or bould it for my 66 Cat....
Any opinions would be appreciated....
Thanks

Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Senior Chief

I wouldn't sell anything right now if i didn't have to, with the market in turmoil and folks jobs in question, you most definitely will not get top dollar for it.
You may get 4-500 for it, but if you tried to buy it from another guy later down the road, he'd want 1000 for it. keep it for later or build for the fun of it as a winter project, it doesn't take up much space.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65FATCAT View Post
I wouldn't sell anything right now if i didn't have to, with the market in turmoil and folks jobs in question, you most definitely will not get top dollar for it.
You may get 4-500 for it, but if you tried to buy it from another guy later down the road, he'd want 1000 for it. keep it for later or build for the fun of it as a winter project, it doesn't take up much space.
Thanks for the input, I am leaning more towards building it so far... I have just about everything I need except the heads anyways. I got a reeeally good deal on it when I picked it up...

I have a lot of extra parts I am debating on selling since I sold my Wagon (I pretty much bought 2 of almost everything I wanted to fix up both cars) and I agree with the economy being the way it is, timing is everything....

Old 02-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Senior Chief

With the current economic situation you won't get much for the parts. No one is buying anything. If they are, they aren't paying top dollar for the stuff.

Also, you'll get more money for a working 421 vs. a long block and parts.

May the torque be with you.