Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 01-11-2009, 05:50 PM

Default Complete Engine Build in Atlanta Area

I'm looking at getting some work started on my Firebird, can anyone recommend a shop to do a complete rebuild near Atlanta for my 400? Thnx

Old 01-11-2009, 08:19 PM

I bought my 67 Bird from Atlanta and this guy built the 400. http://lamarwaldenautomotive.com Ran great but I decided to go bigger. Should be very close to you and supposed to know Pontiacs but I have no first hand knowledge of the outfit. I just have the receipt in my giant stack.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiJunk View Post
I bought my 67 Bird from Atlanta and this guy built the 400. http://lamarwaldenautomotive.com Ran great but I decided to go bigger. Should be very close to you and supposed to know Pontiacs but I have no first hand knowledge of the outfit. I just have the receipt in my giant stack.
Lamar Walden is a noted expert in 409 & other Chevy engines. I'm sure there work is very pricey, and I don't know their expertise in Pontiac engines. Check out www.segtoa.org and contact one of their members that lives closer to Atlanta than I do. My engine builder passed away last month.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

North or South Atlanta? I have almost got the local machinist here broken in-LOL, he has worked on 3-4 Pontiac motors for me. He has a torque plate and now uses the Best Graphtite seals, drills the hole in the internal plug, understands neutral balancing, etc. -Jim

Old 01-12-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJim View Post
North or South Atlanta? I have almost got the local machinist here broken in-LOL, he has worked on 3-4 Pontiac motors for me. He has a torque plate and now uses the Best Graphtite seals, drills the hole in the internal plug, understands neutral balancing, etc. -Jim
I'm in North Atlanta, but south would be fine too.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.scottsautomachine.com/home Scott is OK, just be very specific about what you want them to do. Tell them Jim thompson recommended them. They get busy in the spring but you should beat the rush. Goodluck -Jim

Old 01-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One of the best Pontiac machinest in the country is over in Alpharetta. Gary Grimes @ Grimes Automotive. Family has been into Pontiacs and drag racing for years. He is good but will not be inexpensive.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Kyle Tew (74SDFORMULA) in McDonough is the Atlanta Atlanta's best in my opinion.

I wish I knew Kyle before I went out of state for all my work.

Nothing is impossible if you break it down into possibilities. It's all a matter of "Want to".
Old 01-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jay, thanks for the kind words. On the northside of Atlanta I too would recommend Gary Grimes in Alpharetta. Like Jerry has already stated, Gary has been into Pontiacs a long time and he has a proven track record. He is an all-around nice guy to boot.