Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Surround speaker stands

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to buy a pair of inexpensive stands for my rear speakers. Does anyone have any experience with a good stand?

http://www.standsandmounts.com/index...S&Category=220

Old 10-02-2008, 02:51 PM

Default Word of caution...

You want surround speakers to be over the top of the heads of the listeners in the listening position (seated). Typically surround speakers should be at or above your head while standing. You want the sound to fill the area, not be directed at the listener. To make my point, a stand is not the best choice. IMHO...wall mounted bipolar speakers make the best surround speakers, and make sure they sound just as good as your main speakers. If you can hear a difference between your front speakers and your surrounds, your system will not work together properly.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was just thinking the same thing. I had a really nice system years ago and it was brought to my attention that it would sound better with the rears overhead. It made a big difference whne I moved them.

Im not sure on the quality of these units, but there are quite a bit of wireless speakers on the market today.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Senior Chief

floor to ceiling plant holders, much cheaper then speaker stands, some you can adjust the height of the shelves, and you can put plants to hide the speaker as well as the wire,

Mike

Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wall mounts are more kid-proof too. I use inexpensive outdoor lighting mounts for my rear speakers. They are adjustable and were only $6 or so at Menards.