Old 05-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Repro spiral shocks for 69 GTO....

I know the ride is poor compared to modern shocks but does anyone here use them and what do you think of the shocks? I like the way they look especially on a detailed undercarriage. I was also told they don't have any markings on them and they can be stamped withh correct codes, is this also true?

Lastly, I see inline tube sells them, are his different than anyone elses?

Last edited by Mark Simiele; 05-09-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Yes they do have codes on them I have air shocks on mine and they ride great to me.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

anyone???????

Old 10-08-2008, 01:38 PM

Anyone have any updated info on repro spiral shocks for 69? Any comments on ride, looks, etc? Do you lose points at a show with repros?

Old 10-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The repros were installed on my car in the spring and at the Nationals this year I got no point deductions for them in concours, so they are accepted and correct for concours. I never stamped any part #'s or codes on them either. Ride is okay, not like modern shocks but if your going to have these on your car to begin with your not concerned with ride, your concerned with correctness and looks only. If your concerned with ride quality put modern shocks on. Same thing goes for bias ply tires vs. modern radials. Bias play tires ride and track very poorly (mine do!) but if its looks and correctness your after with a concours car, then you need them.

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.

Last edited by Mark Simiele; 10-08-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:48 PM

Thanks Mark. Where did you get yours?

Old 10-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ames. The vendors all sell the same shock made by one company.

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:39 PM

Mark-
We have used them on a few cars. I think they ride fine, plus they look cool. They kind of go hand in hand with bias ply tires. It's the only way to recreate the "original" ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lower quarter.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	144882  

Old 10-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Mark
I have them on several cars and they are a nice shock. They ride great and soft. they have delco on them but no date code - they are pretty close to the factory originals except for the date code. Thanks John www.inlinetube.com here is a picture of them.
and the link http://www.inlinetube.com/Suspension...20products.htm