Old 09-18-2008, 01:57 PM

Default 69 GTO Endura bumper attachments

Does anyone have any of the brackets that attach the endura bumper to the body. I have posted in the "Parts Wanted" section but thought I'd try here too.

I need: front bumper stabilizer part# 9791639
stool, tilt drive torsion bar part# 9791691

any help appriciated
Thanx

Old 09-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Give Bethels Goat farm a call.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:28 PM

Hi nh68gto

Do you have a phone # email or website for Bethels Goat farm?

Thanx for the help

Old 09-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.goatfarm.com/

Try this.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:32 PM

Default 69 GTO Endura bumper attachments

I have a set of 68-69 GTO non-hideaway endura bumper brackets and stabilizer brackets. I converted to hideaways. Can't seem to find any part numbers but can supply pictures if you still need them.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm confused. I converted from non-hideaway to hideaway (68 GTO) and had no problems with the bumper brackets. Can somebody post a pic of the problem area?

Old 09-19-2008, 05:17 PM

pnswann1 pictures would be helpful as I'm dealing with a mechanic doing the job in another location. Thanx

fyrebird68 unfortunately can get any pictures of problem for a week or so til I get back to town

Old 09-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks69goat View Post
Does anyone have any of the brackets that attach the endura bumper to the body. I have posted in the "Parts Wanted" section but thought I'd try here too.

I need: front bumper stabilizer part# 9791639
stool, tilt drive torsion bar part# 9791691

any help appriciated
Thanx
9791639 is a rubber bumper that cushions between the stabilizer bracket and the rad support. They're always missing since the retainer tit dry rots and it pops off. I glue a 1/4 thick piece of rubber to the face of the bracket when I put my 69's together. Never seen those repopped and most people don't know they're missing. Depending on how your sheet metal's all lining up, sometimes that rubber is in the way and it forces the nose away from the rad support causing a gap at the fender.

the 9791691 is the bracket that mounts to the inside of the endura corner to mount the hideaway flip brackets to. I'm pretty sure I've seen those repopped. I may have one of those laying around, I'll check my piles.

Later,
Dennis

Old 09-21-2008, 10:34 AM

gto4evr

From your description I now understand that the only thing holding the endura bumper in place is the two "front bumper to frame bars" part # 9790316. Right??

The two front bumper stabilizer/brackets # 9791639 are attached to the bumper and only butt up to the rad support via rubber cushion providing support but not solid attachment. right??

The torsion drive bar is only used for hideaway headlights. So I don't need that. Mechanic saw all these bolts/attachments on bumper and thought I needed both pieces.

Also talked with a guy at a car show in Radium Hot Springs yesterday and he confirmed the above - hope you agree with my understanding. Hard doing the work away from the car and my manual but I'll get back to both in Calgary tomorrow.

Thanx for your help

Old 09-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
gto4evr

From your description I now understand that the only thing holding the endura bumper in place is the two "front bumper to frame bars" part # 9790316. Right??

The two front bumper stabilizer/brackets # 9791639 are attached to the bumper and only butt up to the rad support via rubber cushion providing support but not solid attachment. right??

The torsion drive bar is only used for hideaway headlights. So I don't need that. Mechanic saw all these bolts/attachments on bumper and thought I needed both pieces.

Also talked with a guy at a car show in Radium Hot Springs yesterday and he confirmed the above - hope you agree with my understanding. Hard doing the work away from the car and my manual but I'll get back to both in Calgary tomorrow.

Thanx for your help

Rick, you got it! those stabilizer brackets are supposed to help stop the ends of the endura from chattering around on the fenders since there's no actual connection between the two. Since the fender is bolted to the rad support, those stabilizer brackets pinched up into the rad support help stop the endura from bouncing around. The whole front end floats on the rad support, the endura is mounted directly to the frame via the frame brackets. Since the body flexes, that nose will pull away from the fenders when you jack it up. Make sure when you're aligning the nose, you do it on the ground with the engine in place. If you do it up in the air, the endura will crush into the fender when you drop the car. Even with new body and rad support mounts you'll still see up to a 3/8" gap open up when you jack it.

Later,
Dennis

Old 09-21-2008, 02:39 PM

Thanx gto4evr

That looks like my problem is solved, probably don't even have to go to Calgary now to check it out, but I really want to see how the bumper alignments going.

Think you helped me about a year ago with a reverse switch problem Thanx again for being so helpful to a novice goat owner.
Rick T.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

all the top suppliers sell your endura end mounts, Year one & Ames should most definatley have them. The other Pair are very hard to find with the rubbers still intact. i may have a set but the rubbers are gone I do have a NOS set im using on my Judge when i figure out just what exactly they do.... they always seem to be in the way

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

for future reference here are endura hidden headlight brackets and a picture of standard brackets
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	endurabumberbarx 002.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	143596   Click image for larger version

Name:	endurabumberbarx 003.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	143597   Click image for larger version

Name:	endurabumberbarx 004.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	143598   Click image for larger version

Name:	endurabumberbarx 001.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	143599  

Old 09-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the one with the angle welded to it is the hidden headlight bracket

Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Anyone have a picture of this part with the rubber cushion mentioned above?

Old 09-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Anyone have a picture of this part with the rubber cushion mentioned above?
here's the bracket minus the rubber. the rubber was a cushion on the end that wraps around the the top and sides of the folded edge, (on the left of the picture) the hole in the end of it was for a rubber tit on the bumper that popped through the hole to hold it in place
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aa.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	143614  

Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
for future reference here are endura hidden headlight brackets and a picture of standard brackets
these are the pics of the frame brackets 9790316 and 9790317 (standard non hideaway part numbers), not the 1691 Rick originally asked about - that one is the W shaped bracket that goes on the inside edge for mounting hideaway buckets to the nose. Still great ref pics for the guy out there thinking of adding hideaways to his car!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thanx gto4evr

That looks like my problem is solved, probably don't even have to go to Calgary now to check it out, but I really want to see how the bumper alignments going.

Think you helped me about a year ago with a reverse switch problem Thanx again for being so helpful to a novice goat owner.
Rick T.
Rick,

no problem! you know where to find me when it's question time (and I SHOULD be outside working on these damn cars, not on a computer talking about them!)

Later,
Dennis

Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thanx gto4evr

Rick T.
Rick, you talking about your backdrive problem from last year? I sent you the rod, though I'm sure Dennis was the guy to steer you in the right direction. He helps us all out here so much, an asset to the forums. Let me know if you ever get down this way.

Jeff

Old 09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff, thanks for the plug!

Scott -- I've NEVER seen these repop, got a part number? I just crawled through the PY manual twice and don't see them. I DO see the 71/72 versions (PYF28) but those do not fit on the 69 stabilizers.