73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 09-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Sending PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75cancup View Post
Ray , I could use another " spare " hood if you don't want it. or any of those 75 parts LOL no i'm not kidding.
Ok Mike, I am PM'ing you on this stuff.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR57 View Post
... LOL, from some of the posts it sounded like this stuff was useless garbage
Yeah, it is too bad that some people think this way. They are entitled to their opinions. However, they should stick with their beloved '64-'72 crap.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Someday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 Canamman View Post
Yeah, it is too bad that some people think this way. They are entitled to their opinions. However, they should stick with their beloved '64-'72 crap.
One day when the supply of 64-72 Tempests and Lemans has all been converted to GTO's and Judges then that's the day they'll wish they had a NACA hood to sell for $2,000!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

I believe the day will come as these cars have been appreciated more than they have been historically. Things are looking up for us '73-'77 owners. More good reproduction parts came to market this past year, and there have been some really great restorations that have been recently completed. Once you have driven one, you will be hooked. My '72 does not even come close regarding the handling and the ride. I have found it much easier to work on the newer cars too. I will be replacing it soon with a '73 GTO 4 speed car as soon as the right one comes along.

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 09-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... LOL, from some of the posts it sounded like this stuff was useless garbage
That's the one thing these cars do really well: cost money on parts. Wheel well trim is insane! It's really strange, the parts for these cars often cost as much as the car itself. If you find a rotten A-body with nice wheel well moldings and a nose emblem, that is worth the price of admission in itself.

Definitely pick up the stuff if you need spare parts or may in the future.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Keep you eyes on SPIKE TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 Canamman View Post
I believe the day will come as these cars have been appreciated more than they have been historically. Things are looking up for us '73-'77 owners.
That day is sooner than you might think. I am sure there are plenty of SPIKE TV viewers here. You also probably know that Toronto is known as Hollywood North.

Two weeks ago my car was used as the HERO Car in a SPIKE TV promo for the Scream 2008 Awards Show out of LA to be aired near Halloween. The commercial shot here in Toronto also features a 2009 Subaru Imprezza WRX and a very pretty young woman and a cool dude. Ok there is also this sexy woman creature too who climbs up on my NACA hood and my car is engulfed in flames BUT how many 73's have you seen on TV? Take note that the LeMans driver gets the pretty girl. It will be on soon so look for my 73 representing! It will be scary when people see the 73 and want one, imagine how the value will Spike then. I'm giving out insider investment information here so take note.

The SPIKE TV people picked the 73 for its "sexy curves" and also because they wanted a "Muscle Car but not the run of the mill Camaro, GTO or General Lee." Just passing on what they said. I didn't have the nerve to tell them my car looks exactly like a GTO but it's a 73, not your run of the mill kind

Old 09-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The SPIKE TV people picked the 73 for its "sexy curves" and also because they wanted a "Muscle Car but not the run of the mill Camaro, GTO or General Lee."
I do like the curves and stances on these cars. Not many out there that share the same lines and styling, definitely a unique car among a sea of average commuters with the occasional Chevelle and Camaro.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Exclamation

Quote:
That day is sooner than you might think. I am sure there are plenty of SPIKE TV viewers here. You also probably know that Toronto is known as Hollywood North.

Two weeks ago my car was used as the HERO Car in a SPIKE TV promo for the Scream 2008 Awards Show out of LA to be aired near Halloween. The commercial shot here in Toronto also features a 2009 Subaru Imprezza WRX and a very pretty young woman and a cool dude. Ok there is also this sexy woman creature too who climbs up on my NACA hood and my car is engulfed in flames BUT how many 73's have you seen on TV? Take note that the LeMans driver gets the pretty girl. It will be on soon so look for my 73 representing! It will be scary when people see the 73 and want one, imagine how the value will Spike then. I'm giving out insider investment information here so take note.

The SPIKE TV people picked the 73 for its "sexy curves" and also because they wanted a "Muscle Car but not the run of the mill Camaro, GTO or General Lee." Just passing on what they said. I didn't have the nerve to tell them my car looks exactly like a GTO but it's a 73, not your run of the mill kind

Thanks for sharing. That is good news.

Now, this car has raised the bar, and is a recently completed restoration. It is for sale here on this board. If it sells for the asking price, it will be a record, and will hopefully silence the numerous people who are quick to slam these cars since they can't seem to sell them for good money.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...17#post3411317

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 09-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Built in Canada too, Wainfleet - Ontario!

That SD, one of none car is fantastic. I have been fortunate enough to see it in person at the Canadian, Performance World 2008 show, it's debut showing I believe. It is impeccable.

It warmed my heart to see it with all the show goers all over it. It was a very difficult restoration from what I have been told , sacrificing a very solid Lemans Sport in the process, but BLAKGOAT is deserving of all the awards he has earned.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Not Sold

Quote:
And lucky us, just up on eBay, so the market will tell us now. And a 75 to boot...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...spagenameZWDVW
Highest bid was $10, Reserve not met.