Old 09-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys will shoot me but if it were me, I'd hang on to those 326s. You never know when you might need a spare while you're getting the one in the car rebuilt. When I lived up in Northern NY I couldn't find a 326 at all anywhere.

If it's a matching numbers engine to your specific car and still runs..,, DO hang on to it as it makes your car worth more, no matter what the cubic inches are.

Sorry but I couldn't hold back my .

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

Thanks for the replies...

I'm running one bottle of Water Wetter, the stuff does work - never occured to use two bottles! I'll give that a try. The belts aren't slipping, nice and tight, and I have ran it with the cap off. I had a long talk w/ the owner of Alumitech Radiators (that's what I'm running, expensive but what a work of art!) he told me to run at least a 15lb cap and get a high flow stat - so I've ordered a FlowKooler and I'll pick up another cap in the next day or so.

Now I've got a fuel delivery issue...the car stalled out on me twice and I ended up getting it towed home! I think there's something blocking the sending unit...the sock got all jacked up or something. I've got to get it towed back to my office so I can get that sorted out.

Keeping the 326...there's some validity to your point but I didn't want to keep mine - sold it on eBay for $230.00, tranny and all.

The little kinks aside - she runs great and I'm very happy with the results!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

Try a 16 lb cap. Make sure you are using a 19" fan too which is what the 455 came with. I would not recommend using the 17" fan that came with the 326. Hopefully your not using that, if you are consider changing it. I used a 19" A/C fan for my 462.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 09-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVEYANT View Post
Try a 16 lb cap. Make sure you are using a 19" fan too which is what the 455 came with. I would not recommend using the 17" fan that came with the 326. Hopefully your not using that, if you are consider changing it. I used a 19" A/C fan for my 462.
I have the stock 19" fan, but it won't fit the stock shroud...and the general consensus around here was run the stock 17" H-D fan with the stock shroud and a fan clutch. I'm not running the little fan that came with the 326...

Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67blackcherry View Post
I have the stock 19" fan, but it won't fit the stock shroud...and the general consensus around here was run the stock 17" H-D fan with the stock shroud and a fan clutch. I'm not running the little fan that came with the 326...
What size fan came with the 326?? Was there a smaller fan than 17"??

Old 09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
What size fan came with the 326?? Was there a smaller fan than 17"??
It was a tiny little 4 blade job - don't know the size but it seems smaller than the 17" HD fan I bought from Ames...