Old 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM

Default Updated resto picks and Electr problems.

http://www.pixbox.se/alb_show_id712267_page0.html. The engine is also fired up and runs well, but i have some problems to get som power to the power w+ the power top. Got a new aftermarket powerwindow relay from OPG it has an extra connector on it the old one has 3, whats the extra for?. Got problems to figure it out by the diagrams. Also got a new dash harness from OPG original style.Also got problems with 2 connectors coming out in back of the fuse box one with a brown wire with a extra fuse on it,the other connector has a brown wire with white stripe on it, where do they hooke up to?.The black wire on the power top switch where do i connect it to, direct to horn relay or thru fuse box if so where on fuse box?. All this gives me more gray hair beacuse it got to be ready for cruising last week in aug in my home town.Thanks Svante 400.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow! car looks great, she was rough to start with. Love the blue (looks close to Liberty blue) .

Power top has its own lead (2 purple) that tie into the rear light harness under the dash.

The brown in the fuse box should just make a loop with a white buss fuse back to fuse box.

I believe the black on the power top switch is a ground...

I may be wrong on some of this I did mine last winter whole car from M&H.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Black wire on the switch is the power feed (Dominick, wrong black wire, the black wire off the motor itself is the ground). It should plug into a battery accessory lead off the fusebox next to the circuit breaker. If the car's got a few accessories, there was a pigtail splitter, orange with a black stripe that plugged into the fusebox and had a three wire receptical you would plug the leads into (top, power windows, etc) I think the brown wire in the harness is for a rear defroster switch on a stock harness. I don't know didley about aftermarket harnesses so I can't swear to anything!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Suspended

aftermarket harnesses are exact to factory original.i think the ones i use are made in new jersey.cant remember name of company.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgtos2 View Post
aftermarket harnesses are exact to factory original.i think the ones i use are made in new jersey.cant remember name of company.
How about this one?

http://www.americanautowire.com/FactoryFit.html

Old 08-04-2008, 12:30 PM

Hmm, Whats the right way? if i connect a lead wire to the extra connector on the new powerwindow relay then the windows work,but thats not the original way is it?, there is on the original power w harness a pink wire coming out from the connector atatched to the power w relay i suppose thats the original way to feed the power w, wow did i get that right. anyway its confusing when you by new stuff that isn`t the same as original ( same with the horn relay) and also not the same funktion,just look at the connector old style and try to fit it on a aftermarket horn relay. Anyway i replaced the new horn relay with a oem but still got the new relay to the PW..